Montana NR tag

Looking for some clarification on Montana non resident mule deer tag. I've successfully drawn a general deer tag the last 2 years and have been successful both times in Eastern MT. I have a friend who isn't far from Unit 270 and he frequently bow hunts that area. He told me to put in for the untit (even tho chances are slim to none) and he could help me get on a higher elevation buck. Does anyone know what I need to do as far as the process? I know how to apply for my general, but not a special permit area. Thank you to all with any help.

Go to the regulations and find out the permit number. It’s like 270-50. Then apply for the permit using that number. It sure isn’t what it used to be but there are some monsters. I’d rather hunt it from November 10 or 15 to the end than up high early.

OP
B
Go to the regulations and find out the permit number. It’s like 270-50. Then apply for the permit using that number. It sure isn’t what it used to be but there are some monsters. I’d rather hunt it from November 10 or 15 to the end than up high early.
That's around when I'm there. I don't expect to draw it, but if I don't try, I'll never be able to. Lol

Legend

WKR
Well 270-50 is the hardest deer tag to draw in MT but someone has to draw. Also, you are not allowed to bow hunt deer without drawing the tag.

As for your question, after you draw the deer license then you can apply for limited entry permits. There are 3 choices and you put the hardest to draw choice first.