Montana outfitter

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with Montana Hunting Company? I am trying to book a mule deer hunt for 2022 for my son and myself. I have never booked a hunt with an outfitter so I am really hoping to find some input. This would be a mid-Nov rifle hunt.
I archery elk hunt each year in CO and my 14 year old son has been begging me to take him out west on a hunt. We have no points anywhere and I talked to this outfitter and he told me it would not be a problem getting a tag for next year.
Thanks in advance!

hobbes

WKR
I can't help you with the outfitter, but our legislators rammed through a guaranteed tag to those hunters with an outfitter by attaching the legislation to something else after it was shot down on its own merits. In other words, I think he's correct, no problem getting a license if you have an outfitter.

cgasner1

WKR
That was only supposed to be for this last hunting season see what they jam in this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobbes

WKR
That was only supposed to be for this last hunting season see what they jam in this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm.... I'll have to look back at it. I didn't realize that it was just for 2021. I won't rant about it here anymore though or will go completely off the rails and the OPs question about the outfitter will never get answered. :)

Edit.....Looks like it was a one time to deal. That completely slipped by me back on April. They'll try to to push it through again in 2023.

Sorry OP, you can completely ignore my nonsense. :) You'll still have to draw the permit. It gets tougher every year. Good luck to you and your son.

Last edited:

BH107

FNG
Montana Hunting Company is a big outfitter. They guide all over the state and also are the exclusive outfitter for any of Ted Turner’s ranches. Don’t know much about their mule deer hunting or where you would go but their elk hunting is world class.

As for tags, currently it isn’t a guarantee and you would have to draw but legislation is changing so nobody knows what 2022 will be like.

Erict

WKR
Not sure why some think legislation is changing as HB637 was just signed earlier this year and explains how 2022 will be conducted. As mentioned above, not worth derailing the OP topic.

I have no info on that outfitter but mid-Nov will be a great time. Good luck.

Deadfall

WKR
I can't help you with the outfitter, but our legislators rammed through a guaranteed tag to those hunters with an outfitter by attaching the legislation to something else after it was shot down on its own merits. In other words, I think he's correct, no problem getting a license if you have an outfitter.
Not a guaranteed tag. You can buy a extra point now if going with a outfitter. Ease of getting a tag also depends on what kind of tag. Combo tags are harder then just a general deer tag.

Once again, its not a guaranteed tag. The way they went about this is wrong and short sighted. Going to be real bad PR by MOGA come the 2023 legislative session.