Montana packers for hire

I am going on my first elk hunt in a couple weeks and have been training but live in Illinois so not super confident in altitude.

My question is has anyone had any luck findings packer to get you elk out of the woods if successful. I am not looking for a drop camp just a packer.

I will be in and about Absaroka-Beartooth wilderness if that helps.

Thank and happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
Just realized you can’t see PMs after I sent one. The HD and drainages you’re accessing from will dictate who you should try to contact, however I strongly advise against posting the hunt districts or drainages on this public thread.

OP
Brownbox80
Just realized you can’t see PMs after I sent one. The HD and drainages you’re accessing from will dictate who you should try to contact, however I strongly advise against posting the hunt districts or drainages on this public thread.

I responded to your dm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you find an outfitter near where you’re hunting I would highly recommend stopping in his camp and having a conversation in person. Those guys are busy as can be that time of year and their schedule changes by the hour. Do NOT rely on them to be the only way to get an elk out. Be prepared to be self sufficient. If you are solo bring a non hunting friend.