Montana Party Application or Single? Your thoughts wanted.

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
I have been fortunate enough to have drawn a general elk combination license each time I have applied as well as my buddy. We are headed back this year with one extra guy. With the one extra it has us thinking about if one or two of us does not draw if the others would still go, so we are thinking about applying as a party so there will be no concerns. I was looking for the good the bad and the ugly from those who have applied as party. Do you feel like it helped or decreased your chances? Was the application process a pain? I know the applications aren't the best to begin with.

The odds are the same assuming you're all at 0 points. The application process seems easy enough. If a buddy is computer illiterate you might have to help, but that would be the same with or without party app.

OP
Airborne1

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
I can walk them through the computer process if need be.

Pgohil

WKR
With a party application does everybody apply at once online with a single payment source? We have a group wanting to apply but none live close to each other.

Sight highjack, my apologies.

PGohil
WV

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

With a party application does everybody apply at once online with a single payment source? We have a group wanting to apply but none live close to each other.

Sight highjack, my apologies.

PGohil
WV

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The party leader applies first, identifies himself as a party leader, pays, etc. The leader is given a party app #. Then the leader supplies that # to the subsequent applicants and they apply as part of a party and input the party app # and pay separately.

OP
Airborne1

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty straight forward. Pretty much what I thought. It is good for all applications correct? General tags and draw permits? We are only concerned with a general tag.

OP
Airborne1

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know the max amount of people that can apply within a party?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Does MT average points like WY does or does it go by the person with the lowest amount?
They average the points and round up or down to the nearest whole number. Anything .4 or less rounds down, .5 and more rounds up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk