Montana Party Application Question

mproberts

WKR
I can't find the explicit answer anywhere and thought someone had to know from personal experience. Trying to figure out what happens to a party application if just 1 of the named party members forgets to apply? Is the whole party application dissolved or will the party application still be processed with the remaining members...... and yes I know I need to find more reliable friends.

The party application was for antelope, below is the most specific rule I could find but it seemed to leave the question open to me.

Montana Rule: 12.3.112 - (e) A party will be broken up only under the following circumstances:
  • (i) If all members of the party do not list districts in the same order on their applications, the party will be split up and all members will be entered into the drawing individually.
  • (ii) If one member of the party fails to provide mandatory information such as date of birth, signature, etc. -- that member will be excluded from the drawings. The remaining members will be processed as a party.

KHNC

WKR
Looks straight forward to me. That guy will be left out.

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Appreciate the response. I honestly don't get that from reading the rule, hence why I was trying to get confirmation from someone with firsthand experience.

CorbLand

WKR
I would say that if someone didn't apply, that would be covered under (ii). Applying would probably be considered mandatory information.

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Yeah hopefully it's covered under (ii) because if they split our party up now we are kinda out of luck since we have drastically different bonus point totals.

Pgohil

WKR
Same thing happened to us last year. We applied as a party of four initially. Two guys dropped out. We still drew as a party but only the two that actually put their application in got tags. Hope this helps.

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Same thing happened to us last year. We applied as a party of four initially. Two guys dropped out. We still drew as a party but only the two that actually put their application in got tags. Hope this helps.
Thanks man! That's exactly what I was looking for. I figured that would be the case, but just wanted to hear from firsthand experience since I knew it had to have happened to someone else. Especially since Montana doesn't allow you to edit party applications after they are created. I was a bit worried about the party dissolving completely since one member had like 99% odds of drawing the tag and the other only had 10%.