Montana Pronghorn.

Lol, im not asking for anybodies hunting spot, im just asking statistically speaking which units produce the most b&c pronghorn.

MT DNR site, P&Y, B&C and GoHunt will give you counties with the highest entries for trophy animals. Which, however is a tad misleading as some will be a lot of private which you can only enter with big $$$. Research which units have the most harvest #'s over an X number of years and find a good spot for opportunity and you'll be able to yank a P&Y out pretty easily after that.

just wondering does anyone think 243 is enough for an antelope cause i want to beable to use a small light gun.

Anything centerfire is likely big enough for pronghorn. They are not very durable. Don't be crazy with range using smaller rounds and get a good bullet and center punch, you'll be okay.

OP
S

screech09

FNG
MT DNR site, P&Y, B&C and GoHunt will give you counties with the highest entries for trophy animals. Which, however is a tad misleading as some will be a lot of private which you can only enter with big $$$. Research which units have the most harvest #'s over an X number of years and find a good spot for opportunity and you'll be able to yank a P&Y out pretty easily after that.
Thank you

So, what units in Montana have the best potential for trophy quality antelope?
Depends what you mean by “trophy quality”. If a guaranteed booner spotting is what you’re after I’d look to another state. Personally, I’d pursue a quality experience with lots of mature buck sighting with good public access, in which case region 7 units have the highest densities of antelope.

MT257

WKR
Many Pope and young antelope live in Montana. Very very few Boone and Crockett ones live here. As stated earlier if your looking for record book buck another state might be a better choice for Boone and Crockett.