Montana refund question

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
For all following - I called FWP this morning and was told they were/would be sent out "this week". She didn't know if they were sent earlier in the week or will be sent today/tomorrow, she just said she was just told "this week". Sounds like the delay from them supposedly being sent at the end of April had to do with the mixup with the Elk draw. It also sounds like they are switching to a new system, so hopefully moving forward we can expect electronic refunds and not have to wait a month for a check. Anyway, figured I'd update, I'd expect them early next week, hopefully...
appreciate the update, thanks for sharing!

Still haven't received mine yet. It's been just under a month since the results came out. Hoping they start sending those refunds out a little sooner, pretty ridiculous that they don't electronically refund in this day and age.
It will be at least a month...gotta get that extra month of interest....

Wonder what the fees are to refund by CC...my bet is they don't want to pay it.

Norm555

WKR
It will be at least a month...gotta get that extra month of interest....

Wonder what the fees are to refund by CC...my bet is they don't want to pay it.

You think it would also cost them a decent amount of money to handle the process of issuing refunds via check too. It seems to me like the Arizona process is best where your credit card gets hit for the full amount once you draw the tag. But this is what we get dealing with government agencies...

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
You think it would also cost them a decent amount of money to handle the process of issuing refunds via check too. It seems to me like the Arizona process is best where your credit card gets hit for the full amount once you draw the tag. But this is what we get dealing with government agencies...
You'd think they'd want to pay the extra fee to refund by CC just to save them the the time working on tens of thousands of envelopes. (Not to mention the paper they would save...LOL)

Rknight

Lil-Rokslider
But then they don’t get to keep your money and make interest off it for an additional 2months

Considering it takes FWP two weeks to release draw results you'd think they would use those two weeks for preparing refunds to be sent out once results are posted. Having to carry a balance is definitely frustrating, only upside for me is that I put it on a card that has no interest for 15 months.
Draw results take two weeks? Pretty sure they’re available same day as the drawing

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
Draw results take two weeks? Pretty sure they’re available same day as the drawing
Last day to apply was April 1st. Draw results were released on April 14th. Therefor, yes, two weeks to receive draw results.

Last day to apply was April 1st. Draw results were released on April 14th. Therefor, yes, two weeks to receive draw results.
Two weeks for the draw to take place, results are available the moment the draw occurs, this is normal. There isn’t another state that draws on the application deadline, some take months. Hell Wyoming deadline for non resident elk is last day in January and I’m almost sure the drawing isn’t until the end may.

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
Two weeks for the draw to take place, results are available the moment the draw occurs, this is normal. There isn’t another state that draws on the application deadline, some take months. Hell Wyoming deadline for non resident elk is last day in January and I’m almost sure the drawing isn’t until the end may.
The only reason there is a two week window is to allow for FWP to conduct mock drafts, process land owner preference, etc. However, there is no set amount of time that takes to complete every year. So yes the draw can and frequently does take place without results being immediately available to the public until the near end of the two week window. (Per the FWP representative I just got off the phone with yesterday).

bsnedeker

WKR
It blows me away that people are complaining about 2 weeks to get results. Everyone wants everthing NOW!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

The only reason there is a two week window is to allow for FWP to conduct mock drafts, process land owner preference, etc. However, there is no set amount of time that takes to complete every year. So yes the draw can and frequently does take place without results being immediately available to the public until the near end of the two week window. (Per the FWP representative I just got off the phone with yesterday).
The draw results are available instantly, there is no lag. You can actually check your individual results while the draw is still in process. If there was a lag in results don't you think they would've caught the limited entry tag issue this year and rectified it prior to releasing results. I know you referenced having spoken to an official from FWP but i wouldn't take their word as fact, go back on this thread and see all the times they said checks were sent out already, or that the draw wouldn't take place until may 1st.
Call back today and if you get a different person you'll likely get a completely different response

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
The draw results are available instantly, there is no lag. You can actually check your individual results while the draw is still in process. If there was a lag in results don't you think they would've caught the limited entry tag issue this year and rectified it prior to releasing results. I know you referenced having spoken to an official from FWP but i wouldn't take their word as fact, go back on this thread and see all the times they said checks were sent out already, or that the draw wouldn't take place until may 1st.
Call back today and if you get a different person you'll likely get a completely different response
Based on your statement regarding the limited tag issue, you are also relying on humans to do 100% due diligence prior to the release of information. Regardless I'm getting bored of arguing over information neither of us actually have first hand available access to in addition to conflicting answers from FWP representatives. So on that note, have a good one hoss.

I talked to them today on another issue and I asked about tags being sent out. They volunteered that they just got done processing the refunds and are starting on the tags next. So you should be getting the refunds soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
That will make my wife happy. I think she has called and complained enough maybe they will just give her tags from here on out!!!