Montana refund question

j_volt

WKR
Kind of hope they don't send them for another month or so. Would hate for another thread to start about your guy's next complaint.
Yeah, it’s CRAZY to complain about giving the government an interest free loan! I mean, asking them to refund money in a timely manner (less than 7 weeks) is completely insane especially when they don’t even refund 100% of the cost.

Yeah, it’s CRAZY to complain about giving the government an interest free loan! I mean, asking them to refund money in a timely manner (less than 7 weeks) is completely insane especially when they don’t even refund 100% of the cost.
I agree it’s too long to wait, it will be 6 weeks tomorrow. With that being said Them
Not refunding 100% is part of the cost of putting in the draw, for those that don’t like waiting for a refund or not getting a 100% refund, don’t put in the draw. It’s pretty simple.

j_volt

WKR
I agree it’s too long to wait, it will be 6 weeks tomorrow. With that being said Them
Not refunding 100% is part of the cost of putting in the draw, for those that don’t like waiting for a refund or not getting a 100% refund, don’t put in the draw. It’s pretty simple.
It has been 2 days short of 7 weeks since the application deadline. The frustration is people want to be met half way. We pay nonrefundable items and are met with the utmost inefficiency in just getting the percentage of our money we want back. It’s most frustrating when you know a 16 year old hyped up on Red Bull could get this done in 24 hours.

Definitely BS they haven’t refunded the money yet. We pay to much for the tags as it is as a NR and without us paying these prices they would struggle. Should treat the NR ‘s a little better and be happy we are willing to front the money. Be interesting to see what NR pay for elk tag in a year compared to Residents. WY also! I’m out of the MT game going forward and put that money towards other hunts.

bsnedeker

WKR
Definitely BS they haven’t refunded the money yet. We pay to much for the tags as it is as a NR and without us paying these prices they would struggle. Should treat the NR ‘s a little better and be happy we are willing to front the money. Be interesting to see what NR pay for elk tag in a year compared to Residents. WY also! I’m out of the MT game going forward and put that money towards other hunts.
Yep, inexcusable! No one should ever apply in MT again due to this nonsense!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

No one is holding a gun to your head making you apply to these states. Simple answer is to quit applying or become a resident to one of these states.

OP
B
Kind of hope they don't send them for another month or so. Would hate for another thread to start about your guy's next complaint.
No one is holding a gun to your head making you apply to these states. Simple answer is to quit applying or become a resident to one of these states.
This thread is for people who had questions regarding when and how they would receive their refund from MT FWP. This is taking much longer than in years past and some people are understandably frustrated about that given many of us paid roughly $1200 up front.

Then here you come with nothing positive to contribute and decide to take a shit in this thread for kicks I guess.

I think you misspelled your username.

As to Refund, I'm still waiting on mine. Am I a little concerned? Of course. I'm in no way wealthy and 1200 dollars is a significant amount of money to me. I didn't have the cash at the time so it came off of a credit card which I of course have to pay interest on. I also want to know when others get theirs back so I have some Idea when I should expect mine. Its a dissapointment of course not to be drawn but also kind of a double wammey to have an extended time period to receive a refund. Appreciate your words BuckeyeRifleman. OH

Last edited:

Norm555

WKR
I still haven't gotten my refund. Hope everyone boycotts the Montana draw in the future because of this...

OP
B
Called again, said they got sent out Monday.

Should be here tomorrow or Monday at the latest, somehow I’m skeptical however.

Called again, said they got sent out Monday.

Should be here tomorrow or Monday at the latest, somehow I’m skeptical however.
I also believe it will get here, the "when" part is what I'm skeptical about as I called them up near the end of the month and they told me they would be sent out at the end of the month, but silly me, I didn't ask which month or year.

CoStick

WKR
The state loses money doing it this way. Odds are they don’t have the technology for a more cost efficient system. Actually producing and mailing checks is expensive.

Norm555

WKR
Wyoming also has already refunded my credit card. Nice to have the money back in under a week

Kopmana

FNG
As to Refund, I'm still waiting on mine. Am I a little concerned? Of course. I'm in no way wealthy and 1200 dollars is a significant amount of money to me. I didn't have the cash at the time so it came off of a credit card which I of course have to pay interest on. I also want to know when others get theirs back so I have some Idea when I should expect mine. Its a dissapointment of course not to be drawn but also kind of a double wammey to have an extended time period to receive a refund. Appreciate your words BuckeyeRifleman. OH
well said! this wait is ridiculous.