Montana SB 275, Restructuring the Board of Outfitters.

Schaaf

WKR
WTH is going on in MT this year with all these crazy bills??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’ve got legislators drunk with power that have spent the last 20 years dreaming of a super majority.

These bills aren’t new, MT has always had a D governor to veto them

Zork

FNG
WTF do you think is going on? We, Montanans, voted in a straight republican ticket. They are doing exactly what we would expect them to do.

Guides, outfitters and the wealthy will soon own the wildlife, access and opportunity in the state.

We're getting a good test as to how long hunters will continue to vote 2A over all other concerns.

Deadfall

WKR
WTH is going on in MT this year with all these crazy bills??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crazy bills every year. I think this year just more people have time and willingness to look. So far they've getting handled ok. Time will tell

Deadfall

WKR
Yall should look at all the bills that have already been squashed. Sure some goofy nonsense will make it through.

143 is great example of system mostly working. What's there now isn't close to what started.

I do wish we could get rid of MOGA all together. Atleast get rid of the current board members.

TheCougar

WKR
Wait wait wait. Did I read that last part correctly? After they remove all non-outfitter voices from the board, they also want the ability to police themselves and relieve MFWP the “burden” of enforcing law on the outfitters... and they want to not have to report anything about their business?!? Are you effing serious? Every bill gets more and more outrageous! Remove all oversight, remove all enforceable penalties, and remove all evidence - in the SAME BILL. I will never, ever, for any reason, hire an outfitter that is a member of MOGA. I can’t believe this is considered acceptable by their outfitting members.

Deadfall

WKR
Wait wait wait. Did I read that last part correctly? After they remove all non-outfitter voices from the board, they also want the ability to police themselves and relieve MFWP the “burden” of enforcing law on the outfitters... and they want to not have to report anything about their business?!? Are you effing serious? Every bill gets more and more outrageous! Remove all oversight, remove all enforceable penalties, and remove all evidence - in the SAME BILL. I will never, ever, for any reason, hire an outfitter that is a member of MOGA. I can’t believe this is considered acceptable by their outfitting members.
Its not by most members. The board itself is crazy

TheCougar

WKR
Its not by most members. The board itself is crazy
True, however how is the board elected? They speak for their members, correct? In this case, I’m holding the members complicit, as I presume the board has approval of and promotes the interest of the members, with their support. Otherwise you’d have a bunch of MOGA members speaking out or jumping ship and starting a new organization that isn’t hostile to game management, nonresidents, public land, access, etc etc.

Deadfall

WKR
This is a tough topic for me. I have some friends that are outfitters. They run a great business. Spend alot of time going above and beyond in conservation/trail maint stuff.
At the same time MOGA is disgusting. These friends are members. They have nothing to do with the policies of MOGA, to busy trying to eek out a living. They don't attend the conventions or anything. They are equally disgusted with MOGA. Wish they would get involved more, but that's a individual decision. Same as many many diy guys aren't involved with this stuff I guess.

Kind of weird to be for outfitters, but against MOGA.

Guess I wish MOGA would stop being so dang greedy and full of feces. Seems to be the way of all those organizations.