Montana Spring Bear

skierhs

WKR
It’s “open” right now. What I mean is they are selling tags and the season is open for Now but if things get worse with the virus(as expected when you open up things) in Montana it’s likely gonna get shut down again. Talking to a decent amount of people in that world, the consensus is it’s gonna be open for a week or two and then get shut down again.

Unless you’re going to sit for 14 days before your hunt...

• Out-of-state travelers are still required to follow the governor’s 14-day quarantine directive when they come to Montana, as they carry the risk of spreading COVID-19 to Montana residents. Guidance for those directives can be found at fwp.mt.gov/covid19. The directives include the requirements that those in quarantine cannot leave for groceries, recreation, work or any other activity.

skierhs

WKR
Unless you’re going to sit for 14 days before your hunt...

• Out-of-state travelers are still required to follow the governor’s 14-day quarantine directive when they come to Montana, as they carry the risk of spreading COVID-19 to Montana residents. Guidance for those directives can be found at fwp.mt.gov/covid19. The directives include the requirements that those in quarantine cannot leave for groceries, recreation, work or any other activity.
That’s a good point that I forgot to highlight!

skierhs

WKR
Don’t worry. People will still find a reason why they’re the exception and do it anyway and ruin it for the rest of us.
Yup, it’s gonna be open for a week and the NR Arn’t going to care and they’ll bring in the virus and it’s gonna shit down the state for way longer and possibly into the fall if we don’t knock out this virus right away.

daymoney

FNG
Yup, it’s gonna be open for a week and the NR Arn’t going to care and they’ll bring in the virus and it’s gonna shit down the state for way longer and possibly into the fall if we don’t knock out this virus right away.

The same way we knocked out every other strain of the flu?

daymoney

FNG
If I was 65+ and had underlying health conditions I'd stay home if I was worried about it. I'm not so I do what I do. Likely as not I've already had it and frankly I don't care what you'd compare it to

skierhs

WKR
If I was 65+ and had underlying health conditions I'd stay home if I was worried about it. I'm not so I do what I do. Likely as not I've already had it and frankly I don't care what you'd compare it to
Good for you, you must be like the guy in Seattle that tried to give it to as much people as possible. You would do well hanging out with the lady on the sidewalk I saw today with a sign that read “ today: masks for groceries. Tomorrow: microchips in the vaccines to track us"

Legend

WKR
I saw a bear this weekend in montana, true story. Oh wait this was supposed to be a rant about the corona virus..... No this was an actual question....i am so confused.

How about we answer the question. Can non residents hunt bear?

skierhs

WKR
I saw a bear this weekend in montana, true story. Oh wait this was supposed to be a rant about the corona virus..... No this was an actual question....i am so confused.

How about we answer the question. Can non residents hunt bear?
Both . . . A non resident may buy a black bear or turkey tag but they technically may not partake in “outdoor recreation” until they have self isolated for 14 days. I’m not sure what teeth the 14 days of isolation provisions have though.