Montana Success

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Go kick a puppy or something, your life can’t be that miserable to piss in my Cheerios. I don’t give a rats hairy bean sack what you think as I know the regs

I wasn't going to forward this post to the Montana FWP, even thought hey asked me to but with this response I definitely will now.

I've been waiting for the Montana FWG to call me back about clarification on this point. And here is the what I was told.

Yes, it is illegal to use electronic communications to hunt a game animal.

The hunt is considered to be one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset. Hunting a little in the morning and a little in the afternoon isn't two hunts, under the law it's one hunt.

Using an electronic device to help locate an animal is illegal if you then hunt it on the same hunting day.

According to the "Fair Chase" concept of hunting that Montana FWG follows it is no different than spotting an animal while you fly in to a hunt area and then hunting that animal during the same day.

But the reality is that if game enforcement determines that your violated the law out of ignorance or that the circumstances would be difficult to prosecute then they would most likely simply write you a warning ticket.

What I'm saying is that it's illegal and if you are caught it will be up to law enforcement to decide how they want to treat the situation. All LEOs are allowed leeway in regards to writing citations and if they feel that you aren't lying to them or trying to manipulate them then they can choose to not cite you.

I don't like risking my money and hunting rights on the good will of some LEO who might have had a bad day.

It's not up to me to give you a f**king break, if you don't like what I've told you then too bad, educate yourself and use your pea brain before you get rude and act like an asshole.

haha ok man. I'm not here to get in some big debate with you over this. the fact that you're literally the only one on this whole thread that sees a problem with the situation the way the OP laid it out tells me enough.

be sure to let us know what FWP's take on this is, as i'm genuinely curious to know.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I wasn't going to forward this post to the Montana FWP, even thought hey asked me to but with this response I definitely will now.

Good job man, wasting a FWP officers time on what might not even be a minor infraction when they could be out doing far better things for our wildlife. You are a certified DB, should be super proud of yourself!

hobbes

WKR
So if I find elk in the morning, your under the impression that it's illegal to call a buddy late morning and say "hey I've found elk, let's meet up for lunch and make a plan to get on them this evening." That is not the intent of that law. Anyone that has the ability to think rationally knows that isn't the intent of that law.

Trr15

WKR
I've been waiting for the Montana FWG to call me back about clarification on this point. And here is the what I was told.

Yes, it is illegal to use electronic communications to hunt a game animal.

The hunt is considered to be one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset. Hunting a little in the morning and a little in the afternoon isn't two hunts, under the law it's one hunt.

Using an electronic device to help locate an animal is illegal if you then hunt it on the same hunting day.

According to the "Fair Chase" concept of hunting that Montana FWG follows it is no different than spotting an animal while you fly in to a hunt area and then hunting that animal during the same day.

But the reality is that if game enforcement determines that your violated the law out of ignorance or that the circumstances would be difficult to prosecute then they would most likely simply write you a warning ticket.

What I'm saying is that it's illegal and if you are caught it will be up to law enforcement to decide how they want to treat the situation. All LEOs are allowed leeway in regards to writing citations and if they feel that you aren't lying to them or trying to manipulate them then they can choose to not cite you.

I don't like risking my money and hunting rights on the good will of some LEO who might have had a bad day.

It's not up to me to give you a f**king break, if you don't like what I've told you then too bad, educate yourself and use your pea brain before you get rude and act like an asshole.

So you didn’t even know if it was an infraction, but you’re first and only reaction to this guys success story is to find a way to bring him down? Now you’re gonna tattle because somebody hurt your feelings? Are you serious or is this just an elaborate joke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know how this works out for ya. I have a pretty strong feeling the FWP doesn’t take this even slightly as serious as you are. Congrats on a great bull!

What is the Wardens name and badge number? If you truly spoke to one and gave them this info, they would in turn give you their contact info as well as a phone number. Please PM me that number so as I can contact the warden to get his exact interpretation of the law. Not your made up bullshit, even though I know the exact intent of the law as I have addressed this exact issue with a MT Warden in the past. That info is public knowledge so you should have zero issue releasing that info here. I have turned in trespassers and poachers before and the warden has always given that info and asked to pass it along to others who may have info.
So either post it up or you’re full of shit and a DB for trying to piss on this guys parade. Starting to think you are a local to that area and butthurt he killed “your” bull. Or you’re jealous he got to hunt some private property you can’t.

Nice bull OP!!

pbcarch

WKR
Congrats on the great bull and sticking it out. Not that I have been successful yet, I sure can feel your sense of accomplishment and joy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

204guy

WKR
Congrats on a great bull Jaker.

Now we're getting electronic communication law interiptation from a guy that can't even understand the definition of corner crossing. Classic Ramont foot-mouth.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk