Montana Unlimited Sheep Elevation?

Crazypad

FNG
I am going on the unlimited sheep hunt in two weeks and I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about where the sheep hang out, as far as elevation. I have heard and read anywhere from 7500' - 9000'+. He is adamant that they don't go above 8000'. I don't necessarily believe because most of the area I am going in starts at 7500'. Just wanted to see if anyone out there can help me with this. Thank you

They don’t go above 8,000. There’s a grizzly bear around every tree. Outfitters have a lock on every legal ram and kill them at sunrise on opener. And it’s really crowded.

That’s what I’m told.

so what your saying is it’s a race on the first day, bet.

Wrench

WKR
Th
so what your saying is it’s a race on the first day, bet.
Try the week before the first day.

It takes a LOT of time to do the research to be successful in this hunt. Most father's won't tell their sons their secrets.....let alone a stranger in print that lasts forever and is public.

Good luck. And to answer your question, travel to Missoula, go to the university and read the thesis papers written on this.

That's probably enough for me to get lynched already....

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
" He is adamant that they don't go above 8000' " . From long conversations with Shawn Stewart with Montana fish and wildlife, that is not accurate.