Montana Unlimited?

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
Have any of yall hunted any of the Montana unlimited areas for Bighorns? I'm planning my attack for next year. I've heard both sides of the story and I'm gonna give 'er hell nonetheless.

Last edited:
OP
C

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
Good deal. Ive been outta the loop for a few days and haven't seen the replies. I've already begun my plannin stage ;).

moonface

FNG
Best of luck with the unlimited hunt.
Which unit are you thinking of applying for and what is your strategy with scouting and hunting etc? I have done a bit of research on it and will certainly give it a crack shortly. Coming from Australia and doing it on my own i need to plan a hell of a lot, but certainly i would be looking at it as maybe a three year deal. First year you get a good feeling for what your in for, areas to hunt, how long you can go on your own in that terrain out of a pack before heading back to civilisation and refueling, maybe see a few sheep, and who knows the quota could be filled in 48 hours, or it could be a tough year and stay open. Weather and temperature will no doubt affect sheep movement and range and i reckon if you gave it 3 solid years, you would have to put yourself in a position to locate legal rams whilst the hunt is still open.
Keen to read everybodies thoughts on this, as i certainly spent plenty of time reading about the unlimited areas for sheep.