Montana wolf hunting

freu1chr

FNG
Hey guys I filled my deer tag on day 1 of a 7 day hunt just wondering if anyone has any idea on where a good place I could actually get a shot at a wolf would be? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don’t know a specific spot but any country in the northwest corner holds them be out at night to see if you can hear them howling...trout creek drainage ulm peak on state line vermillion river blue creek swamp creek pillick ridge St. Paul lake all have packs in them

KHNC

WKR
This is very accurate info!! ^^^^^^ Saw plenty of fresh tracks last year at this very time. i had a tag but never saw one.

BuzzH

WKR
Be careful driving... you’ll probably hit 2 or 3 with your truck on the way through. Wolves behind every tree in montana, wyoming, and Idaho. Should be no problem filling all your tags.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
You check out the swan valley the north fork south fork or middle fork of the flathead. Lots of wolves up in that country actually seeing one is pretty hard though

BluMtn

WKR
I have been told by several people that if you travel north on Ninemile which is west of Missoula there is a large population hanging around that area. Sorry for giving away somebodies honeyhole, but after all they are wolves.

Head to West Yellowstone, Hebgen lake, Horse butte, outside of the park. If you like a easy hunt just go to any state land section outside of Bozeman and you can shoot few Huskies and Malamutes running deer off leash with their ignorant owners yakking on their phones. 😈