Moon phase 2021

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
A buddy and I drew 66 archery tags and were planning on leaving the 17th for Colorado. After some research on Elk 101 I realized the full moon will hit on the fall equinox. I am thinking about moving our departure date up a week if my buddy can get his schedule moved around. What do you guys think is the moon a huge concern? I definitely want to be there when the bulls are getting there herds put together.

Deadfall

WKR
There's so many variables that play into activity. Fires, rain, snow, heat, area just to name a few. Moon phase definitely has an effect.

Best bet, make a decision and go enjoy the woods.

Make less fighting noises and more philandering elk noises. Bulls will get fired up better regardless of what the environment is doing.

You find a drainage with elk. Disregard them altogether. Pretend you are a bull with a few cows. Bulls will come to you.

The calling tactics play more of a roll then anything.

Muzzle loader season is the 11-19th this year. Do you want hunt dates to overlap? Something to think about too.

A buddy and I drew 66 archery tags and were planning on leaving the 17th for Colorado. After some research on Elk 101 I realized the full moon will hit on the fall equinox. I am thinking about moving our departure date up a week if my buddy can get his schedule moved around. What do you guys think is the moon a huge concern? I definitely want to be there when the bulls are getting there herds put together.
No, just go hunt

Wait until later in the month. Hopefully the muzzleloader hunters will push the elk deep into the woods.

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I always thought that most prey critters that are nocturnal would be more active on moon lit night than a dark night, hence they wouldn't be as active during daylight hours when predators are lurking about. But they do have to stretch their legs every few hours anyways which helps us.