Moose Arrow?

T43

Lil-Rokslider
My current set up is a 490 grain arrow at 292 fps. I just drew my first moose tag and I'm wondering if I should go heavier than 490. I want to make any changes now so I can shoot it all summer. Thoughts from those of you with moose experience.

AZ Vince

WKR
I'm going with a 2 blade Magnus Stinger. My speed is similar to yours.
Got a moose hunt in Newfoundland in September.

Longbow42

FNG
My goat/moose arrow is tipped with an Exodus. I shot my first moose with a Wensel Woodsman and that three blade but a nice hole out of my longbow.

Ya I wouldn't change anything. My moose arrow is 475grains or so with one of Dan Evans new broadheads. Then my moose setup is same arrow with a GK silver flame.

MattB

WKR
I have shot through 2 shiras with 50 grs. and 20 fps less than your current set-up, so I wouldn't recommend you change a thing.

OP
T

T43

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds good thanks for the replies I'll stick with what I have.

I just fine tuned my moose arrows for this coming season. 455 grains total weight, black eagle carnivores with 42 grain brass inserts, 20 grain screw in weight, and 125 grain Wac em Triton broad head.

They sure mangle my targets, so can't wait to see what they do to a moose!

4ester

WKR
You will be fine. Shot a similar arrow with 100 gr Slick Trick Standards into a moose a few years back. Got a complete pass through at 45 yards on the second shot. Stay away from the shoulder....(shot #1 lol) and you will be fine. Not an arrow/broadhead combo out there that will penetrate the shoulder.