Moose arrrow/broadhead

tlav21

FNG
Who has taken a moose with a bow before or last season or two preferred. What broadhead did you use and did it work well? Did you buy specific arrows for moose that were different than your whitetail arrows? Thanks

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't have whitetail arrows, I have arrows that I use for everything from pronghorn to elk to moose last year. 520gr arrow with a 125gr QAD Exodus on the end. But since he was still standing I also shot him with the same type of arrow and a 125gr GR Fatal Steel as well.

OP
T

tlav21

FNG
I don't have whitetail arrows, I have arrows that I use for everything from pronghorn to elk to moose last year. 520gr arrow with a 125gr QAD Exodus on the end. But since he was still standing I also shot him with the same type of arrow and a 125gr GR Fatal Steel as well.

Thank you for attaching those. I did a quick search before my thread but didn't see those!

Jimbob

WKR
Myself - 1 moose -Magnus stinger 2 blade, 12 yd shot 20 yd blood trail - 430 grain arrow
My Dad - 4 moose - Magnus stinger 4 blade buzzcut - 416 grain arrow - worked great on all 4 moose

I started using sevrs last year but did not get a shot at a moose. There are some stingers on my arrows right now as well though.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
100 gr. QAD Exodus with Goldtip Airstrikes (.300 spine with SS inserts) - 468 gr. total with 15.7% FOC.

Same arrow I use for everything. I was above him and shot into the opposite shoulder at 28 yards.

MattB

WKR
I would shoot a 400+ gr. arrow and a fixed blade BH, but don't go crazy. I've only killed 2.

Loots of good suggestions here. Ultimately, you need reasonable arrow with a broadhead that you shoot well.

The first moose I shot was with a PSE radial x-weave and an 85gr ABC Sonic. I would not choose that combo, but its what I had at the time. The shot was a complete pass through both lungs at 20 yards.

Since then I've shot two moose with FMJs and 125gr G5 Strikers. One at 45 and one at 50 yards, both pass throughs.

Last edited: