Moose Draw Area 3 Idaho

JGarrand

FNG
Hello Everyone,

A friend actually just turned me onto this site. What a great resource and I am not sure how I hadn't known about it before.

Just some quick back story. I am born and raised in Idaho and have been hunting / fishing my entire life. I have family living throughout the entire state from north to south, and have been lucky enough to harvest Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, and Elk.

I was fortunate enough to draw my Moose tag this year. I choose zone 3 because I do a ton of bass fishing at Hayden, that Chain Lakes by Medimont, and Lake Pend Oreille in Sandpoint. I do not recall many time fishing the Chain Lakes or Hayden Lake that I didn't see a Moose. Not as many people submit for tags in the panhandle either so the odds are better. That being said it's not your traditional moose hunting area. It's just really thick and up close. I have hunted lots of whitetail around St Maries when I was young but haven't actually hunted north of that before. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any input as far as areas to scout or any advice really. I live in the southern part of the state so it's a bit of a trip up. I have lots of time but wanted to get a jump on process and obviously I'm extremely excited.

Thanks!

Lprough

FNG
Drew the tag and harvested a bull in unit 3 last year. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swagstaff

FNG
I hunt around the Hayden area, and I can confirm your moose sightings there. However in the past few years, traffic (motor) has gotten pretty thick. You really have to go out there to find a place with some peace and quiet.

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Everyone,

A friend actually just turned me onto this site. What a great resource and I am not sure how I hadn't known about it before.

Just some quick back story. I am born and raised in Idaho and have been hunting / fishing my entire life. I have family living throughout the entire state from north to south, and have been lucky enough to harvest Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, and Elk.

I was fortunate enough to draw my Moose tag this year. I choose zone 3 because I do a ton of bass fishing at Hayden, that Chain Lakes by Medimont, and Lake Pend Oreille in Sandpoint. I do not recall many time fishing the Chain Lakes or Hayden Lake that I didn't see a Moose. Not as many people submit for tags in the panhandle either so the odds are better. That being said it's not your traditional moose hunting area. It's just really thick and up close. I have hunted lots of whitetail around St Maries when I was young but haven't actually hunted north of that before. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any input as far as areas to scout or any advice really. I live in the southern part of the state so it's a bit of a trip up. I have lots of time but wanted to get a jump on process and obviously I'm extremely excited.

Thanks!
How did your hunt go? A friend and I are about to apply for either unit 3 or unit 2.