Moose draw thoughts.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
I went into Colorado’s draw this year with nearly two decades of points.....got my fingers crossed for this coming week and the draw results! Definitely not counting on drawing!

Either way it’s awesome to hear that so many people here have drawn/hunted moose in multiple states. I have been contemplating a DIY moose hunt in Alaska.....before I started researching I was completely clueless of that type of hunt, and after my research I’m still pretty clueless on what that would take. Maybe a thread on DIY Alaska moose would be sweet!

MQQSE

FNG
Congratulations on completing the USA moose grand slam! That is awesome.

I have also hunted Maine and New Hampshire, but I let my dad, as my sub-permittee, shoot the New Hampshire bull.

I might make it to Alaska one of these days.
You’ll get to Alaska. Just have to make up your mind and go. Then you’ll probably go back every year. Good luck!

oldgoat

WKR
I know people that go to Canada Moose Hunting and they go to a fish camp that also has hunting allotments, they basically hunt on their own so it's not unlike a DIY hunt. No I don't know where it is and wouldn't say if I did but it can be done

I’m on my 17th year in Colorado. I’m tempted to just start applying for cow tags now so I might get a chance before I’m too old to do anything about it.
And next year I’ll be on my 18th draw for moose I guess. Going to Alaska for moose next fall, so if I ever draw in Colorado, it’ll be next year

MQQSE

FNG
I will have moose tags in my pocket this fall in the Yukon and in New Foundland. They aren’t my main target since I will be after stone sheep in the Yukon and Woodland Caribou in NF. It’s possible though!

The next real moose adventure for me will be a peak rut archery hunt on a river somewhere in the Yukon. Not sure who the best outfitter is for that trip though. Any ideas?