Moose/Elk calling

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys going on a 12 day float trip in northern b.c this fall where there will be moose and elk, i was wondering if anyone knows when hunting the rut for moose/elk if either species with be bothered by the other species call. We will have tags for both and dont want to spook any potential game. Have hunted both individually but never both at the same time. Also didnt know the best place to post this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Silver

FNG
I hunted an area in central BC last fall for moose that had at least a few elk kicking around (and a couple taken in a GOS 6pt season). I called quite a lot for moose and I’d say at least half of my hunts I could hear elk talking nearby despite my moose calling. Now, I wasn’t actively hunting elk but it didn’t seem to bother them at all. Not sure about the other way, but since they overlap in range I’d assume that they hear each other often enough to not be an issue.

I have had bull moose come into cow elk calls more than once, also northern BC. Had a friend shoot a spike fork moose that came into cow elk calls 2 years ago.

Beendare

WKR
Greg nailed it. Moose don't care about much....and I've seen them come from over 1/2 mile away to the call.

My advice; Give your calling time to work with moose.

____