Moose gutless or conventional method?

OP
AK_Skeeter
The door knob would be the easy way out on this one....gotta agree!

Alaska has local community elected Fish and Game Advisory Committees [there are 81 ACs] that advise the Board Of Game [BOG appointed by Governor] on F&G situations in their area and what regulations need to be added or changed. Input from biologists enter into that decision process.

Some ACs may be motivated by animosity toward non-local hunters/fishers encroaching upon their traditional hunting/fishing areas therefore lobbying BOG for regulations to make hunting/fishing more difficult for outsiders.

That's my PC at its best!
Yes, and other advisory committees represent regions where there are fewer villages.
For example, the Upper Tanana/Forty Mile Advisory Committee has several members that are super cub pilots, relatively few villages, and that region allows boning out of moose.

mcseal2

WKR
I had a little time to kill so I tested the saws I had around today. I will put a link my post on it below.

It's not really aimed at moose and big bones, more a lighter option for caribou hunting this fall. It still might be worth reading for someone here.

The Silky I tested is the Big Boy 360 with the medium teeth. It did not do well on bone cutting one handed in my test. It's a big saw and not really meant for one handed fine cutting. I wanted to use a one handed cut though, simulating using one hand to cut and the other to hold ribs up or guts back. Bottom line is that I wouldn't count my results against Silky to much, the saw pictured above is a much different saw than mine and would likely have done a lot better in my test. It's medium teeth are definitely larger and more aggressive than the Bahco that worked best as an all around saw for my test. The Bahco might not be my first choice for a moose size job. If someone has tried it though I'd be interested to hear about it. It's a 7.5" blade, 7 teeth per inch.

OP
AK_Skeeter
For bone cutting, I prefer a Stanley Sharptooth......$15......buy a new one every fall.
That is what I use, but sometimes I can not find a new one in Fairbanks and used one for several moose.
A PA from the Tanana Valley Clinic recommend a Stanely Sharptooth to me in the 1990s....