Moose hunting fresh burn area

Heading to alaska in 2 months to do a moose float hunt and a section of the river I’m hunting just got burned in one of those fires. Outfitter just flew over and said the upper part of the river is untouched but it burned the hills and tundra on the lower section but didn’t burn any of the brush or trees in the river corridor. He thinks this could potentially make the hunting better as the moose may funnel down the river corridor better on there way down from the mountains vs walk across the burned hills.

Wondered if any experienced moose hunters have ever seen this situation or know if moose will move through a recently burned area. If it’s no good I will just spend the majority of my time on the upper section but would hate float down there and then realize it’s no good…
Another thought I had was to set up on the edge of the burn where I can watch the edge of it and the timber.
Thanks for any advice

My experience is they are the last to leave if they do, and first to come back. Those willow bottoms will be fine. The burns (hard burns) I’ve been in always contain moose. It would suck, but I bet they will be much easier to find, especially in the bigger drainages.