Moose hunting in Russia

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Remington 7400. Winchester 100. Browning BAR. These are commercial hunting rifles that have a good track record. The Winchester is out of production. The BAR is a Browning design, but is made overseas.

The AR10 platform (there are a couple of brand variations) can be had in .308 based cartridges and is a solid rifle design. Basically a larger AR15/M16 variant.

Military options are the M1 Garand and M1A, but these two are heavier rifles.

The AR10 and Garand/M1A (very similar actions) are the easiest to take down. The others aren't hard, but take more time. All will work in low temps as long as you don't overlube them and choose your lubricants wisely.

Jeremy
thank you for your answers. grease is removed from the weapon in cold weather. and the weapon is not entered in the heat and is in the cold. very nice rifle you have written. Browning bar. difficult to understand. in the taiga and extreme conditions, it is not needed. unfortunately, I don't know the mechanism of the other rifles. The AR 15 is a handy weapon and accurate. but it is afraid of dirt very tightly fitted parts and if you get dirt can fail to jam. in the taiga, the simpler the better, as in the war. thank you for your advice. but I was convinced that it is more reliable and simpler than the Kalashnikov mechanism has not yet been invented. I will take the second carbine on the same mechanism. I wish you all a great hunt.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Russians are far too practical to engage in such shenanigans.
on the contrary, Russians are unpredictable. no wonder they say the mind does not understand Russia. you confuse Russians with Europeans. they are very practical, some even calculate the need for toilet paper for a year. and Russ can be very unpredictable. some Russians can give you the last shirt. it's in our genes.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Еще больше удовольствия считается махинациями ????
есть те, кто охотится с луком. но очень мало. и эта охота обычно из лаборатории.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Советую посмотреть фильм счастливые люди. об охотниках, живущих в тайге. он также доступен на английском языке

Wapiti1

WKR
thank you for your answers. grease is removed from the weapon in cold weather. and the weapon is not entered in the heat and is in the cold. very nice rifle you have written. Browning bar. difficult to understand. in the taiga and extreme conditions, it is not needed. unfortunately, I don't know the mechanism of the other rifles. The AR 15 is a handy weapon and accurate. but it is afraid of dirt very tightly fitted parts and if you get dirt can fail to jam. in the taiga, the simpler the better, as in the war. thank you for your advice. but I was convinced that it is more reliable and simpler than the Kalashnikov mechanism has not yet been invented. I will take the second carbine on the same mechanism. I wish you all a great hunt.
I agree that the Kalishnakov is a very reliable design, and can be made into an accurate rifle.

The Browning BAR isn't the automatic rifle of WW2. They modified it to a lightweight semi-auto rifle for hunting use. It's a gas operated mechanism very similar to many auto loading shotguns, and is a nice rifle. Is it reliable in dust and dirt? It could be, but is a well fit mechanism, so I'd say it is probably less so. The Remington is better in that regard. Those can take a beating and keep shooting. I don't have much time with the Winchester.

AR15 designs are interesting. I've seen them run fine in -30F with no care given to them. Just degrease and they run fine. I can't say if they are as reliable as another, just that they work fine when I need them to.

We do have others from smaller shops like Barrett, but they are more specialized.

Semi-autos aren't as popular here for big game. One I would like is a Valmet hunter which is an AK derivative. Really neat rifles.

Stay warm and take care.

Jeremy

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
I agree that the Kalishnakov is a very reliable design, and can be made into an accurate rifle.

The Browning BAR isn't the automatic rifle of WW2. They modified it to a lightweight semi-auto rifle for hunting use. It's a gas operated mechanism very similar to many auto loading shotguns, and is a nice rifle. Is it reliable in dust and dirt? It could be, but is a well fit mechanism, so I'd say it is probably less so. The Remington is better in that regard. Those can take a beating and keep shooting. I don't have much time with the Winchester.

AR15 designs are interesting. I've seen them run fine in -30F with no care given to them. Just degrease and they run fine. I can't say if they are as reliable as another, just that they work fine when I need them to.

We do have others from smaller shops like Barrett, but they are more specialized.

Semi-autos aren't as popular here for big game. One I would like is a Valmet hunter which is an AK derivative. Really neat rifles.

Stay warm and take care.

Jeremy
Thank you for your answer. I'll take a look at this rifle. You know a lot about guns. A friend of mine has a Browning bar. He does not disassemble the mechanism himself, but sometimes takes it to the master to clean it. And it hits perfectly and accurately convenient, but in the taiga is not practical for me. Everything brilliant should be simple.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
Any bowhunting in Russia?
Yes, hunting with a bow of course there is. I consider it a high art to hunt with a bow. I've never hunted. I think if an archer wounds a bear in the taiga, the bear will eat it))) I have a carbine of 10 rounds, but I was lucky and the bears were killed immediately. But my friend finished off the bear in front of his feet with the last 10 rounds.

OP
Vladimir

Vladimir

FNG
I wanted to know about this rifle. Who can share the information. Sauer 303