Moose Hunting Partner Wanted

KY Ryan

FNG
Looking for someone to join me on a moose hunt in 2025ish. I’m an experienced hunter and backpacker in the lower 48 but not confident/dumb enough to take on AK solo on my first trip. All my hunting buddies aren’t up for a big adventure and all my work out buddies aren’t that serious about hunting. Not expecting to piggyback on an established group. I’ve got good gear and just starting to research pretty heavily. Surely there are some other folks in the same boat. Looking for an unguided fly-in hunt, maybe a float trip. I’m in good shape, ethical, laid back and don’t mind being miserable. Send me a PM if you’re interested. My wife also wants you to promise you aren’t a serial killer.

Yaremkiv

FNG
Wish I had a buddy with your traits. I almost exclusively solo hunt but some great hunt oportunities require a partner.

If I can get another 4 years up here I'm sure we could probably figure something out. Not super experienced in the moose hunting stuff as this is my first year hunting them (still trying to get my bull) but come 2025 I'll be a smidgen more experienced.. 😬😬

Natekraft

FNG
Interested if you haven’t found someone yet. My hunting partners think you can go on a moose hunt for 500 bucks!!

Steve3637

FNG
Im in the same boat. I have lots of hunting friends and family but they can’t make the finance / time commitment.

Im definitely interested. In the transport / taxi research phase myself and 100s of hours of YouTube videos. The only requirements for me besides not a serial killer for me, is good gear, good attitude, good shape and willing to do whatever it takes to be successful.

If this is you, we should talk. Geeze I feel like I’m on a dating site. Lol

I met a good friend on this forum by sending out a very similar post about 4 years ago. We ended up hunting together DIY moose out of Bethel, Alaska with Papa Bear Adventures and both killed very nice moose.

Finding a great hunting partner who is committed, hard working, and willing to spend the time and money is much more difficult than setting up dates with women. Best of luck in your adventures , TheGrayRider.

I’d strongly consider a drop hunt vs float. I went with my brother in law last fall and I can’t imagine dealing with the wx (some said worst in 10-12 years) we saw as newcomers while dealing with float aspect. We were in the field 13 days and maybe 4 (combined) were huntable. I’m tough, but I can’t imagine where I was for a moose season WITH a stranger WITH a float trip WITH a desire to hunt.

Im in the same boat. I have lots of hunting friends and family but they can’t make the finance / time commitment.

Im definitely interested. In the transport / taxi research phase myself and 100s of hours of YouTube videos. The only requirements for me besides not a serial killer for me, is good gear, good attitude, good shape and willing to do whatever it takes to be successful.

If this is you, we should talk. Geeze I feel like I’m on a dating site.

Same here doing the research and actually have had a couple hunting contracts sent to me from couple of guides. Would be interested in teaming up with another solo hunter for do it yourself moose hunt . Retired but know how to grind it out . Going in 2025 one way or another. With a hunting partner or solo . Feel free to message me

kcruz

FNG
Id be interested in this as well. Bow or Rifle. I'm stuck with either people who don't have the time or money or people who have the money, but only want to go on a easy hunt.

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
Im up in NKY. Hopefully im sheep hunting in 2025 but if not I could be down for a moose hunt. I will say you better be in shape on a float or drop in. Walking in the tundra with waders on is an experience.

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider

Hi Steve,
Just noticed your post for a moose hunting partner. I too have been wanting to get to AK for a moose hunt. I have back pack hunted elk for years in CO, ID and WA, so I feel I have all the necessary gear and more importantly the attitude to handle AK, but I struggle to find friends to commit. Are you looking to archery hunt? I have been researching air transporters for a DIY hunt.
I am also a avid whitetail hunter and am looking to partner with someone to lease in
Illinois. I reside in Michigan , but generally hunt deer in Iowa, Illinois and Ohio.