Moose hunting unit 17a Alaska

Also I used stocking foot chest waders with Vietnam style boots. These are higher for better wader protection and lace all the way up for great support walking that awful Alaska terrain Kevin

Rhinohide

FNG
We used waist high waders with lace up boots, they worked good and we're not near as hot as walking in a set of chest waders.

Wear a hood and hat. Spray 100 % deet on your hat and hood rim. Works on the slope with the hoards of mosquitos and white socks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I like chest high breatheable waders if alot of water hunting, sitting, or fishing and not so much walking. Otherwise frequent wet backside with hippers

Hey guys i have a few question
1. Will i need a head net ?
2. What are the best waders? am i going to need them?
3.Is 17 or 19 a good unit to hunt its a DYI ?
1. I took a headnet - wore it once. A lot of it depends on the weather and first frost etc. I'd bring it again - doesn't way much or take up much space.
2. Simms G3 Guide Wader - top of the line - loved them.
I paired it with the G3 guide boot but was not a fan of the boot. It was very stiff and bulky. It was tough to cinch down like I would my Lowa hiking boots. My buddy got the Freestone boots by Simms. They were much more like a hiking boot and in my opinion provided more support and stability due to the design of the boot.

Hey guys i have a few question
1. Will i need a head net ?
2. What are the best waders? am i going to need them?
3.Is 17 or 19 a good unit to hunt its a DYI ?
Allan, I hunted 17A last fall. Bring head net, but very hard to use optics with one. I was very happy with thin nylon balaclava, sun glasses, and wide brimmed hat. Use breathable chest waders like Simms G3, but I found cheaper ones did fine as long as thick enough(3 ply) and quiet! Hip boots will get you a wet behind every time you sit. Ok only if not hunting near water/ with boat. Vietnam style jungle boots were far better than my partners wading boots and only 30$. Kevin

ppumil

FNG
transporter told me we could not come to Dillingham AL without verification of vaccination. I have not confirmed this and was shocked since it was not even available to everyone at that point in the state of WA.

transporter told me we could not come to Dillingham AL without verification of vaccination. I have not confirmed this and was shocked since it was not even available to everyone at that point in the state of WA.
Okay. Good to know. Thanks. I need to look into this.

I wonder if this changed recently. I was told today from an outfitter out of Dillingham that there are currently no restrictions in place for non resident travel.
I read the city’s website more carefully and it says you must quarantine if you don’t have these things and they ask you to be careful. That’s one thing.

I also spoke with somebody up there and he said that Alaska has lifted measures and His understanding is that the dlingham is on its own to try and enforce... and more importantly, they are not.