Moose on a bicycle?

gunnar_17

FNG
I've guide and outfitted for moose in central BC for 20 years now and just recently finished my first ever bicycle assisted moose hunt in a motor vehicle closed area.
Was quite the experience a few lessons I learned.
The Sawtooth and Lite Outdoors stove are worth every dollar.
BOB Ibex trailers are the way to go.
Dont try to use a light duty bike when you are wearing a 100lbs pack and pulling 100lbs trailer =( major failure)
It was a great adventure with a great client.
0cd99fc3afc0b5629f4be01d17f36dda.jpg
13e5f49afdd9e7779117784e30594e7a.jpg
9f8e2f0fd762449ea175fb5fb1e35606.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Catchfish

WKR
Sounds like fun, how far did you have to bike. I’ve done a bike assisted caribou hunt but not a full moose hunt. I have used one to help move a spike out of the field during a motorized restriction. But I had originally been hunting on foot, only went back out because I got worried about meat spoilage. Curious did you do something to protect your rifle while riding. One trail we used had sand and it would spray up onto my rifle. I have since put a fender on it.

Just finished my Montana moose hunt with my bike, no trailer. It was hard biking out with a quarter on my back but a 4.5 mile gradual down hill on the way out. Had to park my steed and hike the other 4 miles in to get the meat out. I've been nervous about the B.O.B trailers as they are only rated to 70lbs. I have been looking at the QuietKat trailer as they have told me it can carry more weight.
Not a huge moose but only 3 tags for that district and a 9ft shot with my longbow and a arrow I made this summer.

OP
gunnar_17

gunnar_17

FNG
Just finished my Montana moose hunt with my bike, no trailer. It was hard biking out with a quarter on my back but a 4.5 mile gradual down hill on the way out. Had to park my steed and hike the other 4 miles in to get the meat out. I've been nervous about the B.O.B trailers as they are only rated to 70lbs. I have been looking at the QuietKat trailer as they have told me it can carry more weight.
Not a huge moose but only 3 tags for that district and a 9ft shot with my longbow and a arrow I made this summer.
Awesome man. The BOB had no problems with 100lbs but the quiet cat looks pretty great.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk