Moose Rut in Manitoba?? Generally when is it?

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
I am very close to booking a hunt in Manitoba with an outfitter who has the week of Oct 3-10 available. He only hunts 2 weeks of the season and a total of 6 hunters for the year on moose. My question is, is this too late, about right, or good question? Just don't want to drop the coin if the hunt is past the rut by a week or so. Thanks.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
I would say last few days of September and first week of October is perfect up here.
If the outfitter only chooses to hunt two weeks a year, I would think he "should" have the dates dialed in.
Ask for a couple references from the Oct 3-10 hunt and confirm they still had lots of moose calling.
If I personally had 10 days to hunt a draw tag in Alberta I would hunt Sep 28 to Oct 7.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
The beginning of that week would be the best, but later on things will start to calm down and most bulls might have been setup with a cow. Been quite a few times and things start heating up around the 24th of September. Manitoba also is a large province so it would depend how far north you are going that can affect things itself. We are doing a hunt the 20th-27th but its quite a ways up north to a lake we have never been