Moose sheds??

DoubleR92

FNG
I live in eastern Washington and have been always wanting to find some moose paddles, but never really known any places to go? I know no one is going to tell me the hot spots or anything like that but just curious as to where a starting point/area might be?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Find willows and if moose are in the area it can be golden....check the mica peak area around the towers there is a decent pop on the mountain I have found a few on the front side mid elevation

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
Im at 6 paddles for the year this year. Best luck is finding high ridges with buck brush, aspens, and some conifers. Takes a bit of time to find where the moose are concentrating in those areas.

There was a big bull moose in my yard this morning. The antler pedicles look red and raw. Any guesses as to how recently he may have dropped? I'm going to scour the area later when he has moved on and take a look. We've had recent snow so I'm afraid they may be buried till spring.

Htm84

WKR
There was a big bull moose in my yard this morning. The antler pedicles look red and raw. Any guesses as to how recently he may have dropped? I'm going to scour the area later when he has moved on and take a look. We've had recent snow so I'm afraid they may be buried till spring.
This is about a minute after his right antler dropped.

Attachments

• FB5585AB-B36A-494D-AFDC-1DC86EDF0CDA.jpeg
    FB5585AB-B36A-494D-AFDC-1DC86EDF0CDA.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 50
Shit, it looked about that raw. I guess I'll go poke around. There are three of them around the house now, so I'm trying to wait for them to mosey off.

I back tracked the moose tracks for over an hour this afternoon with no luck. I have a creek behind the house and it gets thick back there. Plus deep snow with snowshoes made travel pretty slow. I still think they are close though.