Mora Knives for Hunting?

Anybody on here use a Mora for hunting? During my research most people seem to use them for bushcraft and talk about how they would be a good hunting knife, but don't actually use em'. I finally picked up a Mora after years of hearing about how great they are for the price. I picked up a Mora 511. It's lightweight, has a carbon steel blade that holds a great edge and is easy to resharpen and only costs $10 bucks. Seems legit! It's way lighter then my Bark River and I wouldn't be super bummed to lose it. What to y'all think?20210707_202452.jpg

hodgeman

WKR
I've rolled with a Mora. They work like a champ. You'll likely have to stop and sharpen it...but so what? They're carbon steel and sharpen easy.

I made my one and only knife using a Mora blank...I love that thing.

A Mora is one of those pieces of gear that just works.

+1 for Mora
Great knife, lightweight, scandi grind easy to sharpening, hold edge well. I do have few knives, some of them custom. But my Kansbol accomplish me almost everywhere I go.

I bought a couple a while back and the are cheap and came sharp as hell. I have a favorite belt knife that I carry more often but they don’t seem like a bad option, especially at 1/10 the price. I keep mine in my processing kit now and they do just fine.

OP
B
I liked my 511 so much I picked up another mora. I got the Pro C. It's basically the same as the 511, but has a wider blade and a rubberized handle. I like that it has a little more belly. The 511 weighs 3.9 oz with sheath and the pro c weighs 4 oz with the sheath.
20210711_155905.jpg

gelton

WKR
I have several of em mostly the bushcraft, I always have 2-3 laying around. I don't carry them in the field but they are definitely in the truck and ready for separating meat once it's back in camp.

When I take whitetail around the house I usually grab a Mora first, just to keep my other knives sharp.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a more knives than I like to admit..

End of the day, Morakniv is pretty darn hard to beat.. I have a garberg, kansbol, companion, bushcraft black, robust, classic no1, eldris.. you name it..

The morakniv community is full of wonderful people, and the knives show it.

Attachments

• IMG_5372.jpg
    IMG_5372.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 38

rclouse79

WKR
I carry one in case my havalon breaks and for general use. I was pleased how sharp I could get it using the worksharp field sharpener. Even a dummy like me can sharpen the scandi grind.