Moral Dilema

gorby

FNG
Personally, I would never make a sacrifice like that for any couple week experience. Dealing with that debt will just make the next trip years and years away.

Instead, I would take regular trips to the mountains and go camera hunting for sheep or mule dear while saving for the big trip. I would likely do this anyway as the learning for me is what I enjoy and this takes me years - not to say you are not already doing the regular mountain trips.

WKR
Wow, lot of solid advice here. So many great out of state hunts on public land to be had for the price of travel and a tag. I'd hunt everything MI has to offer and look for some kind of reasonable hunt out west down the road.

As someone who has shot a sheep in my home state for $150 back in the day, it was great but not $30,000 great lol. Looks good on instagram these days I guess.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a personal view about equity in a home.....I have neighbors, friends, relatives, co-workers who all dip into their equity in some form or another. My general opinion is don't do it.....and for a sheep hunt (luxury), I would put an exclamation point after the no.

At the end of the day, it is your life, your finances and future income sources (that you know alot more about than we do)......

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
Personally, I’d feel added stress if I was taking out any kind of loan to go on a hunt like that.

I’m 31 now and have been working at my job for just 3 years now. It was a big step up in pay when I took it, and I made a promise to myself then, that I would hunt sheep at least once. I still plan on doing it, and plan on doing it by saving the money to do so upfront.

At the end of the day it’s your decision and boils down to how much you are willing to sacrifice elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
Not just no, but hell no. Google Financial Peace University. One of the best choices we EVER made. Difficult yes, but totally worth it once you are on the backside.

If you're not successful on the sheep hunt, you should consider taking out a loan to buy a boat....it will ease the sting....