More categories for classifieds?

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Would it be possible to have more categories in the classified sections? Right now with just the 4 categories, and 3 of the 4 being specific to a given topic (optics, guns, gear deals), the general Rokslide classified section becomes a catch-all and gets blasted with posts. Awesome that Rokslide is generating this much traffic, but it can make that section in particular extremely crowded. Case and point, I bumped my WTS ad last night and reduced the price and today it's already on to page 3.
Not complaining, love the site and the opportunity to sell, just wondering what it would take to have more categories so you're looking at items more relevant to what you're searching for?
Do guys just utilize the search now and forget about scrolling through all the ads?
Possible categories:
clothing
archery gear
shelters and sleep systems
packs/bags/bino harnesses

Thoughts?

It's great the way it is. More options means having to go to more forums to search for things and would waste time on my end. I think it's fine that Optics and Guns have their own classified sections (and I'd be fine if they were jammed back into the general one), but I like that there isn't a separate forum for things like packs, clothing, footwear, sleep systems, etc.

It would be a lot more organized and easier to find things if there were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
WesternHunter

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Oh you mean that works like ass. Especially on phone.

Thanks for the useless suggestion smartass

I think that's a Tapatalk issue, not a forum search issue. I'd dump Tapatalk if I were you. Just get on a browser on Safari and go to the forum, way better.

I wouldn't want a category for every little thing, still keep it more general so I can "window" shop as well, but just narrow things down a bit.

I think that's a Tapatalk issue, not a forum search issue. I'd dump Tapatalk if I were you. Just get on a browser on Safari and go to the forum, way better.

I wouldn't want a category for every little thing, still keep it more general so I can "window" shop as well, but just narrow things down a bit.

I’m on many forums and Tapatalk keeps them all in one place easy to access and keeps me logged into all of them at all times. It’s much easier than safari. Every forum search function I have found sucks even on the regular browser.

But now that I think about it, Rokslide could really only use one, maybe two more categories because well there is really only maybe a handful of things sold under the general classifieds. It’s also not very active either.

Why not have something where when you list an item you can check a box relative to what you're selling (archery gear, sleep systems, backpacks & bags, ect)? Then when you search, check the box of the catagory you want and then it filters results with only the appropriate checked boxes. Eliminates bad spelling errors and slang terms resulting in bad search results. No longer a need for adding extra catagories and solves the issue of people cross posting items if there were more catagories added. But then people would need to only check the correct boxes and not everything, trying to increase views.

Regardless, something needs to be done, it's getting pretty crazy (in a good way though)

It would really be nice to have just a few more sub categories. It would help people find products as well as have their products seen by the right people. I understand the bump idea but it almost gets to be a competition.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
I think a backpack and accessory category would be helpful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Humm you all want something you are getting for free (the whole forum) to take their precious time, spend a whole lot of money, and make things here more convenient for you. Hummmmmmm, sounds like a really good way to turn this forum into a pay to play forum. Count me out on these changes.