More CO cattle wolf slaying

Marble

WKR
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I wonder if the law preventing the shooting of wolves is a federal law or state. If it's a state charge, there is no way a rancher gets convicted in Jackson County.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I wonder if the law preventing the shooting of wolves is a federal law or state. If it's a state charge, there is no way a rancher gets convicted in Jackson County.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
This makes it sounds like state https://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/CON-Wolf-Management.aspx

I agree, on the comment about Jackson, and I am sure one could not even try and end up with a good bank roll of gofundme donors.

1642617936465.png

It'll be interesting when there are little calves around. It's not going to be great for the ranchers

Reactions: OMB
Sad thing is liberals see no problem with this. I often hear “they have to eat too.” Etc

I also hear the response of people who say “well that’s part of living in the country.” And “the state reimburses them so it’s ok.”

The fact is The state reimburses the ranchers but they only reimburse 50% of market value.

You can’t reason with these people.

Vote red is all I can say.

BigDog00

WKR
I would imagine the ranchers are already "managing" them. Wolves have been in the North Park area since ~2007ish (if not earlier). I have a hard time believing they are just now starting to kill livestock. I'm sure its been happening for awhile.

I would imagine the ranchers are already "managing" them. Wolves have been in the North Park area since ~2007ish (if not earlier). I have a hard time believing they are just now starting to kill livestock. I'm sure its been happening for awhile.

I’m sure it was happening but I bet the state biologists wouldn’t admit it was wolf kills. Probably “lions” and “coyotes”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

260madman

WKR
All this action and people voted to reintroduce them.

Feels. Feels everywhere. Or dumbasses. Dumbasses everywhere.

I truly refuse to believe ranchers allow gooberment policy to affect their bottom line like this. It’s been proven reimbursement of cattle loss isn’t sustainable to any profit driven operation. It didn’t work with the Yellowstone reintroduction and, won’t work for protecting wolves in Colorado.

It won’t take long before those half of value payments, coupled with the small amount of kill incidents properly placed on the wolves, before ranchers and their hands simply even the playing fields.

Wolves are smart. People are smarter. While the vast majority of hunters will have zero affect on wolf numbers even if their was a season, the economics of it insist that the rancher living the nightmare will do what they deem necessary to survive.

I’ve never met a big time rancher who didn’t maintain a breeding herd of stock. The exponential loss of losing a good mommy cow and it’s off spring for the next 3-5 years is quite the motivator when the check book gets balanced.

I’d say the state better get busy with an alternative option for those ranchers setting patiently by begging for the right to make a living. Before the ranchers realize in doing so, they indeed are going to suffer catastrophic losses that will never be realized. Much less compensated.

Scorpion

WKR
This is unfortunate for the ranchers, hopefully they are able to mitigate this going forward. No one is coming to help, it’s up to them to manage the situation.

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I know lots of ranchers that if they were out working on their farms and seen a wolf then it sure wouldn’t be making it back home. We already kill every single yote we see and wolves wouldn’t have any exception for 99% of ranchers. It’s already hard to making a living as a rancher, no need to loose thousands more when a bullet will take care of the problem. If I was out doing cows and seen one nobody but me and the wolf would know

S-3 ranch

WKR
Where it’s at , it’s pretty remote and probably some guy leasing state & federal grass
“”Commonly known as “North Park,” Jackson County is a high, isolated, inter-mountain basin that lies in the northernmost tier of Colorado counties. In geographic terms, a “park” is an open area surrounded by mountains.””
looks like some place cattle should not be maybe

Where it’s at , it’s pretty remote and probably some guy leasing state & federal grass
“”Commonly known as “North Park,” Jackson County is a high, isolated, inter-mountain basin that lies in the northernmost tier of Colorado counties. In geographic terms, a “park” is an open area surrounded by mountains.””
looks like some place cattle should not be maybe
Livestock is not on government leased land this time of year.