More great content from Muley Freak

Fatcamp

WKR
Didn’t look bad to me at all. That first shot was perfect. Nothing like the last elk hunt he went on, that was terrible! I’m usually not one to say anything but that was littlerally just putting crosshairs on hide and pulling the trigger.

Looked like a gut shot followed by a spine shot that made it lay down but then it got up and ran off. They don't show what happens next but I'm sure it was as messy as the beginning.

dsayer

FNG
I'll admit I was ignorant to these charges/history around Muley Freak and have been following that account on IG. Thanks for info and unfollowed.

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
Didn’t look bad to me at all. That first shot was perfect. Nothing like the last elk hunt he went on, that was terrible! I’m usually not one to say anything but that was littlerally just putting crosshairs on hide and pulling the trigger.
look closer at the video. impact on the first shot looks to be in the rear quarter. the elks leg can clearly be seen limp after the first shot. the second shot was a clear spine shot as the bulls back legs were disabled.

Sled

WKR
i'm leery of cancel culture because it can get out of hand quickly and often goes without due process. where i see it gain traction is when someone has been adjudicated weakly and everyone else knows it. it seems MF falls into that category. i'm all for second chances but when a pattern occurs and nothing is done about it, it's the same as condoning the behavior. in this case MF got off easy and will probably keep doing "what it takes" for the money.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I believe he sued the state of Utah and was awarded a settlement from them. That's how he's back hunting in the States with his rights restored.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
I believe he sued the state of Utah and was awarded a settlement from them. That's how he's back hunting in the States with his rights restored.

do you have any proof of this?

cgasner1

WKR
Wonder what that tag cost highly doubt he could draw anything like that with loss of rights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
do you have any proof of this?
A two second Google search brings up the notes.
fb5c0b5310e0b32d050af685f4fcfe93.jpg
3c3827ea87f77e192ce14598f3270ef3.jpg
768bf34354289d67998c22574e8ede4f.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
Closed session lol
The wildlife board does it's best work behind closed doors. Loose lips sink ships after all

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Exactly what I thought

TheTone

WKR
Now i'm curious about the grounds for suit against the state..
Based on the hearing I saw where he was testifying to the UT board if I had to guess it would probably be based on inability to earn a living in his chosen profession because of the license suspension.

it’s pretty awful the amount of “pro hunters” that have wildlife violations and yet because someone thinks they make great content the sponsors, money, and people’s admiration keeps coming in to them

hobbes

WKR
Closed session lol
The wildlife board does it's best work behind closed doors. Loose lips sink ships after all

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
They probably had no choice once the other parties attorney was involved. The state attorney would have likely required it. Judges have discussions with attorneys behind closed doors regularly. The court's findings are published but every detail of the discussion/negotiating isn't covered. At least that's been my impression.

I still don't care for the guy. They show some incredible animals but my bullshit meter stays pegged if I watch their videos.

If we're being honest, if Newberg or Rinella shot a broadside elk in the ass and followed up with a spine shot at 2-300 yards we probably wouldn't think twice about it. For me the only thing that makes me cringe is a 730 yard shot with that shitty rest and in the context of MF's prior vids/transgressions.