More great content from Muley Freak

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
If we're being honest, if Newberg or Rinella shot a broadside elk in the ass and followed up with a spine shot at 2-300 yards we probably wouldn't think twice about it.
id take offense to it. its the same situation. the difference between Newberg and Rinella and this guy is that they are not out there repeatedly doing it or doing it at all. im tryin to remember if i have ever seen Randy or Steve take a 730 yard shot on an animal off a questionable rest (for that distance). i know randy has passed shots up on multiple occasions that are far easier because he didnt feel like it was a good shot situation. one instance that comes to mind for me with Rinella is when he draws a muzzle loader elk tag somewhere and he hits a bull a little high and ends up losing the bull. he feels terrible about it. Erik just throws lead and wounds it to the point where he can get up to the animal and put it out of its misery.

id take offense to it. its the same situation. the difference between Newberg and Rinella and this guy is that they are not out there repeatedly doing it or doing it at all. im tryin to remember if i have ever seen Randy or Steve take a 730 yard shot on an animal off a questionable rest (for that distance). i know randy has passed shots up on multiple occasions that are far easier because he didnt feel like it was a good shot situation. one instance that comes to mind for me with Rinella is when he draws a muzzle loader elk tag somewhere and he hits a bull a little high and ends up losing the bull. he feels terrible about it. Erik just throws lead and wounds it to the point where he can get up to the animal and put it out of its misery.

Things aren't black and white. Randy has plenty of misses documented but I wouldn't say he takes unethical shots. Rinella spoke in detail about a missed shot over the back of a mountain goat last year and it was painfully obvious he is not well versed in what matters for making impacts at different ranges/conditions/angles. I'm not calling Rinella unethical either. If a guy shoots an inch over the back at 250 just as frequently as another guy might shoot an inch over the back at 700, I have a hard time saying one is worse than the other.

I find MF very hard to stomach so please don't take this as a defense. I'm trying to be objective.

Last edited:
OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
Things aren't black and white. Randy has plenty of misses documented but I wouldn't say he takes unethical shots. Rinella spoke in detail about a missed shot over the back of a mountain goat last year and it was painfully obvious he is not well versed in what matters for making impacts at different ranges/contidtions/angles. If a guy shoots an inch over the back at 250 just as frequently as another guy might shoot an inch over the back at 700, I have a hard time saying one is worse than the other.

I find MF very hard to stomach so please don't take this as a defense. I'm trying to be objective

no offense taken. things are rarely black and white in the hunting world.

87TT

WKR
The guy’s a Richard Cranium, period. I would not support those who support him. I have a motto that hangs over my bow/ rifle work bench. It is: “NO EXCUSES !”. Whether it’s skill, practice, equipment or ethics.

I don't like this guy...
Long before I ever heard about his unethical crapstains on the hunting community, I was turned off by his poke and hope BS on YouTube

amassi

WKR
Shoots an elk in the hind leg…. “Here’s the thing, this a 300 Norma and they can soak up lead… it’s cuz they are dang tough” then proceeds to pimp his companies….
That big norma came in handy on his follow up spine mission. Dollar to donut they killed that crippled gut shot bull at 20 yards Yet somehow thay footage didnt make it out of editing

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
If I remember correctly, Rinella won't shoot past 400 yds (or at least he didn't used to). That big mulie he shot in Idaho with Callahan he said it was right at 400 and if it was 10 yds further he wouldn't have pulled the trigger. Seems Newberg has about the same limitations and now shoots most of his elk with a 308.

Fatcamp

WKR
If we're being honest, if Newberg or Rinella shot a broadside elk in the ass and followed up with a spine shot at 2-300 yards we probably wouldn't think twice about it. For me the only thing that makes me cringe is a 730 yard shot with that shitty rest and in the context of MF's prior vids/transgressions

That's the only thing? How about pay to play on YouTube? He must because his videos are consistently first when I search " mule deer" on YouTube.

Or his complete denial of his violations to include threatening others who talk about them?

Or the almost instant deletion of comments about them on his videos?

The guy is unethical on several levels at best, who knows at worst.

To the Rinella/Newberg comment. You have got to be ******* kidding me. Either of those men would have expressed regret and explained they overestimated their ability with a situation we see repeatedly on this clowns stuff. Not only does he not verbalize any sort of regret he doubles down and talks about how awesome he is for chopping these animals to pieces at extended ranges. Over and over and over. I would guess his fan base is young and impressionable, and this individual is teaching them that this is just fine. Holy cats, I cringe just to think of what we don't see from him that they film and never show, much less what his fans are doing. Guy sucks.

That's the only thing? How about pay to play on YouTube? He must because his videos are consistently first when I search " mule deer" on YouTube.

Or his complete denial of his violations to include threatening others who talk about them?

Or the almost instant deletion of comments about them on his videos?

The guy is unethical on several levels at best, who knows at worst.

To the Rinella/Newberg comment. You have got to be ******* kidding me. Either of those men would have expressed regret and explained they overestimated their ability with a situation we see repeatedly on this clowns stuff. Not only does he not verbalize any sort of regret he doubles down and talks about how awesome he is for chopping these animals to pieces at extended ranges. Over and over and over. I would guess his fan base is young and impressionable, and this individual is teaching them that this is just fine. Holy cats, I cringe just to think of what we don't see from him that they film and never show, much less what his fans are doing. Guy sucks.

I can't argue with a thing you said.

My comment about "the only thing" was meant in the context that this was the only muley freak video you'd ever seen with no prior knowledge. Knowledge of MF and Erik in particular makes a lot of the video cringe worthy.

TheTone

WKR
More great stuff in his most recent video, quality road hunting, shooting from the very edge of the two track, making a “great” shot that leads to him having to do a closer follow up, and more long arming. As others have said, why do any companies support MF?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Unfortunately he appeals to a large subset of the western hunting population who hunt exactly like that. Ride around, shoot off or near the vehicle, then long arm photos and hope they can take their buck to the Hunt Expo in SLC for all the other road hunters to gawk at.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OMB
OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
More great stuff in his most recent video, quality road hunting, shooting from the very edge of the two track, making a “great” shot that leads to him having to do a closer follow up, and more long arming. As others have said, why do any companies support MF?
What video is it?

Button

WKR
I’ve never watched any of this guys videos, only read the comments on this thread.

It pains me if I have to put more than one shot into an animal. What I’ve gathered from this thread is this guy high fives himself for wounding shots that require the animal to suffer until he can put another one into it, then feeds it viewers.

Looking for clarification.

amassi

WKR
I’ve never watched any of this guys videos, only read the comments on this thread.

It pains me if I have to put more than one shot into an animal. What I’ve gathered from this thread is this guy high fives himself for wounding shots that require the animal to suffer until he can put another one into it, then feeds it viewers.

Looking for clarification.
Prime example in this last video- while road hunting in a snow storm they bed a buck at 880 yards in a sustained 10 mph crosswind. While the bucks bedded, rather than close the distance they sat in the truck with the heater running. When the buck stands up they get out, set up a rather elaborate shooting setup and... completely miss the vitals and break the bucks front leg. They review the footage and start to celebrate that they hammered him with the ole 300 norma
Then they exit their shooting position complete with roll up shooting mat and track down the wounded and again bedded buck which is then neck shot.
Easily more than 50% of this guys shots require a follow up shot- maybe he should try a 338 next

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OMB

CW59

FNG
forgive me for my confusion, but why take a 800 yrd shot? Why not try and close the distance, to me that is part of hunting, getting in closer with out being detected.