More important: head or legs?

sndmn11

WKR
We have the one version ago Promaster Guide525ck and a slightly stouter 3 section carbon Sirui, both with the Promaster SPCH20 pan head. They are both fine standing with no wind, and do ok sitting with wind. I am wondering what those who have used various brands of head and legs feel is more important? With various sales, I have thought of adding potentially a Sirui Va5 head to see what a fluid head might bring, or the Outdoorsmans Pistol or Jim White 2, or an Outdoorsmans legs. I don't know if what I have can be improved on easily, and if so, what should be replaced first?

The current head works ok, but I hate that I always have to fiddle with the tension, or re-align due to shift when locking down. In wind, a lot of time my whole setup is unusable in a detailed sense with the spotter or 18x even when I hang multiple water bladders from the hook to try to stabilize.

LaHunter

WKR
Just my $0.02. I have the Promaster carbon fiber tripod and the Suri VA5 head along with a 65mm Swaro STS HD spotter. This setup works great for me as a system I can pack in with me. The VA5 head is nice. I glass pretty much 100% of the time sitting. In really high winds, I don't even bother getting my spotter out. I think a tripod stable enough for 20+ mph winds would be too heavy to carry in my pack. I've even tried using a weight on the bottom little hook, and I still get some vibration that makes it frustrating.

4ester

WKR
The VA-5 is an awesome head.

I had major issues with the 2-piece center post on the Promaster. Sent it back and exchanged for a Slik.

Both pieces are equally important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk