More on the Redfield Revenge Scope...

Confirmed... it is made in the Phillipines along with a couple of other name brand scopes in the same facility...

But today my grand daughter and I went to Wholesale Sports, she wanted to look at and for a new Diamond Edge bow for herself and I wanted to see if they had any of the Revenge scopes - they did. $179.99

Anyway I asked to check it out, I did not request to take it outside just looked at it in the building. OK so maybe I am easily impressed but I really liked the optics and the Acru Range Reticule. The fine cross hairs at the cross point are realy nice for me and the heavy verticle and horizontal X to the center were just what I like.

It does share one characteristic with all the other Leupolds that I have... the power ring is tight - tight to turn... Since I am blind I have to turn the fast focus ring out a healthy chunk to get the reticule focus the way i need it to.

The counter guy then asked if I wanted to try it in a stock which I quickly agreed to but I asked him if he had a ruler and woul ddo some measurin gfor me, which he agreed to. The stock was terribly short - I mean really short but I got on the stock and asked him to measure the approximate eye relief. On 3X it was very close to 5 inches and on 9X it was just less than 4". I am happy with that, even though it really does not matter to me that much.

Also while in the stock I used it to locate and sight in various things. Target aquistition on 3 power was very quick and very easy... I found no real problem on 9x either but the build is only so big...

I really think it is going to be a very good scope for me. My only regret is that it does not have the rain guard coating on the lenses like my good Bushnells, so I am going to end up using scope covers, which I do not very need or use with the Elites.

The last thing I/we did is I asked my grand daughter try it and see if she felt she could see things... She loved it, but heck she is only 14...

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update, sabotloader.

I am glad you like the scope. I wouldn't worry about the Phillipines thing. Some great scopes are made there including Vortex Viper and Nikon Monarch.

The eye relief thing is a bit odd. The specs list I found had it at 3.5 inches throughout the range. Over an inch of variation is a bit concerning to me, but is in line with other Leupold scopes I have seen.

Keep us updated!

OP
sabotloader
A few folks have posted on other sites that Redfield is offering a $40 rebate on Redfield Revenge scopes... Naturally cuz I already bought one...

Yeah your correct, what I meant was that Cabelas is advertising the rebate. Bass Pro is as well. Some companies I saw online were not advertising it so I just said Cabelas.

I purchased mine from Man Venture Outpost, they were the least expensive at that time for the 3x9x42 Sabot or Hunter Model with the Accu-ranger reticule...

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/search.php?search_query=redfield+revenge+&x=15&y=12

The Redfield Revenge 3x9x42 4-plex is $136.39 and the Accu-Ranger is $152.89.

There is a problem though - they are hard to keep in stock...

So with the $40 rebate from Redfield... well you can do the math...

Last edited: