More rude and aggressive members

Azone

WKR
I’ve gathered so much from this site in the past few years it’s become invaluable to me. Everyone I grew up hunting with was the “screw that, we’re not sleeping on the mountain and just gonna hike in type”. I was always fascinated with the next level and roughing it, with the way people hunted where I grew up it really wasn’t a thing for all the ranch brats to learn as a kid. A lot of those guys were excellent hunters but backpacking wasn’t their thing. So I had no one to learn the ins and outs of living out of a backpack for a week, I mean I had a clue but no one to learn the finer points from. They were still great hunters non the less but countless post on this site from hunters who have been there done that is where I was able to connect all the dots, that and obviously real world experience.
The info this site provides for free at the expense of Ryan and Robbies sanity is priceless. I will never be on the level as some of the members here but the way I look at it is, if a millionaire is gonna tell you how to make money, shut up and listen.
Some have gotten overly aggressive, but some have become sensitive as well. There’s a time for humor and a time not to be richard cranium. And for those keeping score, I will end my virtue signaling there.

woods89

WKR
The most rare and unusual thing you can be on a forum or other social media is a real gentleman. And if you think about it, the exact opposite is true as well.
The version I heard awhile back is-

'' The most radical and creative thing you can do to in this day and age is treat those who think differently than you with kindness and respect.''

Agreed. Takes a lot of discipline, though, and admittedly I haven't always held up my end as well as I'd like.

It's hard to walk away without the last word sometimes but it really does work.....

Finch

WKR
Hopefully some of these guys treat people better in "real life." It's not hard to be respectful on an internet forum but some ppl sure do struggle.

@robby denning what happens exactly when you click the "report" button down at the bottom left of a post?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully some of these guys treat people better in "real life." It's not hard to be respectful on an internet forum but some ppl sure do struggle.

@robby denning what happens exactly when you click the "report" button down at the bottom left of a post?
I believe a message goes to our moderator board. Ryan funnels those out so I don’t actually see where they land, but I have answered a few

Whisky

WKR
Is this where we sign the petition to reinstate little buf? Long live the buf!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Was he banned, or did he leave on his own accord?
My memory is a bit hazy.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

We get a notification icon on the top of the screen. Then we can see what and why it was reported.

Screenshot_20211009-091720_Chrome.jpg

260madman

WKR
Is it just me or has there been more members being rude and disrespectful when replying to threads? It seems like more and more members just knit pick every little thing in a post and get it way off topic. I posted about wrong tires ending my antelope hunt early and that turned into people calling me out as an unethical father?!? Now I see @Ucsdryder has a thread that is getting hijacked and @robby denning is having to ban people for calling him preachy. Come on guys be better than this. There is a difference in having a different view then the other guy and just being a troll.
Rant over
Your tire thread was comical. People getting panties wadded up over a company vehicle. If the company is good with it who cares. Excavating company in town let’s their foremen and PMs use them for personal use. Keep them clean and drive rationally and it’s no problem. Good advertising.

The high and mighty like to cast a lot of stones. Sometimes they live in glass houses.

grfox92

WKR
Your tire thread was comical. People getting panties wadded up over a company vehicle. If the company is good with it who cares. Excavating company in town let’s their foremen and PMs use them for personal use. Keep them clean and drive rationally and it’s no problem. Good advertising.

The high and mighty like to cast a lot of stones. Sometimes they live in glass houses.
This is correct. A company vehicle is a BENEFIT of his job. I guess he should be embarrassed to use his health insurance too....probably should give back his companies contributions to his 401k as well .

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
The secret....if there is a secret...is to step away long before any 'last word' is needed.

For myself: There's enough controversy and strife in everyday living. I certainly don't need to add more of it to my personal or recreational time.
I think that's well said KD, and true. When stepping away early, I also try to step away without giving it any emotional energy...I wish the person well in my thoughts, and I just let it go...mostly that's easy, sometimes less so.

OP
280Ackley

280Ackley

WKR
Just as long as they don’t take my cell phone so I can keep looking in the classifieds!!!!😂😂😂

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Or, people forever have been forced to "keep their mouth shut" up until now when they can vent those frustrations when someone mouths off when they shouldn't?

Just a thought...
Well, it's kind of like the folks that never get out of the left lane on the highway, and then they complain when someone gets around them on the right and then labels that person as aggressive. One action causes a reaction.....and so on. But both of those folks are expressing an opinion. There can be teaching and learning opportunities in every conversation and action/reaction. ;)

It's like trying to untangle a calf from the fence, and you get kicked in the balls. Do you think the calf learned anything from the experience....LOL? But then do you just leave the next calf tangled because of your last experience?

Last edited:

Savage99

WKR
I was a part of the problem, posting rude comments for my own entertainment and degrading the quality of the site. The Mods brought it to my attention and I realized that I wasn't contributing in a positive manner. I have plenty of incredibly strong opinions on a variety of subjects and I just need to keep most of them to myself.

You’re a weis man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage99

WKR
Ya, something has definitely changed in the world. Nobody has a sense of humor anymore, nobody has thick skin, logic is a thing of the past, and everybody everywhere is offended about everything and everyone. I wish we could do this forum in person, but I view every thread and every post as a conversation format, so it might as well be in person. The conversation shouldn't change just because we're on the internet. (y)

Pearls of wisdom here, I appreciate your contributions. I’ve experienced this with a good friend, it’s like walking on eggshells recently.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Pearls of wisdom here, I appreciate your contributions. I’ve experienced this with a good friend, it’s like walking on eggshells recently.

Some people would never say to your face what they say on any social media or forum style platform. Their bravado is only protected by their anonymity. Todays generation has to be Handled in a very delicate manor or they lock themselves in their safe space until the meanies go away. When I was in the USN, you either developed a thick skin or you god save you.