More support than leather

hooker

Lil-Rokslider
So my right ankle needs more than a leather boot can provide as far as support. My Crispi CS GTX 12” boots are some serious boots of quality. My left foot in these like are like better than sex. But my right ankle needs permanent support from a boot. Leather honestly just stretches more than this ankle can take. It would be nice if it was somewhat water proof and at least 200gr thinsulate. Hunting and shed hunting hells canyon Idaho and the blue mountains of Washington is my hunting life. STEEP AND DEEP.
Thanks for any advice

Steven C

FNG
You might look at Kenetrek. They have the Guide Ultra or the Everstep Orthopedic. Those are both available in non-insulated or 400 gram. These have some kind of extra bracing in them. I’ve never tried them personally as the mountain guides are more than enough support for me. Good luck with your search.

I have a pair of kenetrek mountain extremes and they are stiff. I also have crispi Idahoes that have that external “rubber” cage thingy. Those are my most supportive boots.

Rokwiia

WKR
If your left foot is comfortable in the leather boots you have, how about taping your right ankle/foot before you go out. You can buy a lot of tape for $500.