More than 1 bow?

ZDR

WKR
Just curious how many folks have 2 or more bows that they shoot regularly? Or a hunting setup and a 3D or target setup?
Do you shoot both regularly to stay proficient? Did you set them up the same or run different setups (poundage, sights, rest etc)?
I have one compound and decide to get another as a back-up as my hunting partners and I are planning several hunts this year so not missing a hunt due to a broken bow is important to me.
I have 2 nice used bows incoming now and will sell the one I like the least. I didnt go with the same brand/model I have now as its too much $$$$ to do that.

jmez

WKR
I just have one. I used to keep one as a back up every time I upgraded but quit doing that. Once I would upgrade I would never shoot the old one and it just hung on the wall until it was worth nothing. I sell them now.

I have too many. Generally I am only shooting one, but have another setup similar to transition to. Currently adjusting to the same bow that I had setup for indoor but changing it to a 3d setup. Not much difference except a few little things. I shoot my hunting bow off and on a little so I don't get too far away from it.

What confuses everything is I'll alternate a lot of times between a trad bow and my compound. One day shoot compound and, the next trad. Or be shooting both at the same time. I'll warm up with 20-30 shots with a lightweight recurve, shoot an indoor round with my compound, then go back to my stick.

I'm weird.

I have 3 (2 hunting bows, 1 target bow), but I generally shoot the hunting bow most of the time. I’m planning to sale my older hunting bow to buy a new 3D hunting bow.

They’re all Elites from 3 different generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ZDR

ZDR

WKR
I have too many. Generally I am only shooting one, but have another setup similar to transition to. Currently adjusting to the same bow that I had setup for indoor but changing it to a 3d setup. Not much difference except a few little things. I shoot my hunting bow off and on a little so I don't get too far away from it.

What confuses everything is I'll alternate a lot of times between a trad bow and my compound. One day shoot compound and, the next trad. Or be shooting both at the same time. I'll warm up with 20-30 shots with a lightweight recurve, shoot an indoor round with my compound, then go back to my stick.

I'm weird.
I do a bit of alternating trad with my compound although I am really working on form with the compound so neglecting my LB some.

I saw somewhere you shoot a traverse? I have a used one coming to me Friday. Looking forward to trying it...I hear nothing but good things about them.

I do a bit of alternating trad with my compound although I am really working on form with the compound so neglecting my LB some.

I saw somewhere you shoot a traverse? I have a used one coming to me Friday. Looking forward to trying it...I hear nothing but good things about them.

I shot one at a shop, didn't like it compared to the VXR, however I was looking for a hunting bow. I know a lot of guys who really like the Traverse. I really like the TRX series which is just a longer Traverse.

If you don't like it I'd say you will know Mathews doesn't work for you. They are really good bows, just felt like the VXR was a better hunting bow for me, tho I went planning to purchase the Traverse. The cam cycle felt a little smoother to me and I do really like the switch weight. I haven't touched the limb bolts, shot it at 75# for elk, came back east and put 65# mods on it for whitetail, then dropped it to 60# mods for indoor target. For some reason I just like swapping mods rather than turning limb bolts. I guess I still have it in my head that they shoot better bottomed out, which I don't believe is the case anymore.

That Traverse will be different from your Hoyt, give it a fair shake. I think you will like it. Different feel for certain.

Reactions: ZDR
Yep I have two. They are different brands but they have the same rest, sight and arrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a bow in 2015 And then did an upgrade in 2018. 1st bow shoots ok but it was never exactly what I wanted it to be. I opted to keep it as a back up after having an issue in 2017 that kept me out of the woods for 3 weeks waiting on a bow repair. I shoot it enough to stay familiar but I would want a few practice sessions before I hunted it again.

Rob5589

WKR
Two, main and back-up. Never really considered a back-up until I started going out of state ($$$) and read a few stories of guy's bows going down right before hunting time.

Marble

WKR
I'm considering getting another bow...but dang... after getting all the accessories it's a pretty penny. I'll probably search for a partially outfitted bow that's 1-2 years old and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
I'm considering getting another bow...but dang... after getting all the accessories it's a pretty penny. I'll probably search for a partially outfitted bow that's 1-2 years old and go from there.

You could always swap between the two as well. Quivers, arrows, stabilizer set ups, are easily moved from one to another.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
1 PSE Carbon Air
1 Hoyt Rx4 Ultra on its way
1 Tradtech Titan 3 recurve with Drayd Limbs
1 Holmemade Longbow
1 Atmos 3 Piece take down Longbow.
1 Ravin R26
1 Cold Steal Cheapshot xbow
1 EK Archery Rx9 Cobra adder repeater crossbow
1 chief AJ Slingbow =)
almost forgot
1 PSE Pistol Crossbow

I dont have a problem I swear.

• Haha
OP
ZDR

ZDR

WKR
Two, main and back-up. Never really considered a back-up until I started going out of state ($$$) and read a few stories of guy's bows going down right before hunting time.
Exactly my reason for wanting a B/U.

Marble

WKR
You could always swap between the two as well. Quivers, arrows, stabilizer set ups, are easily moved from one to another.
I'm thinking the cost of the rest and sight. That's ~$400 more... The quiver for sure I could swap back and forth. Arrows too. If I did get another, I would get the 60-70 # that maxes out the cam at 29". My DL...

Although I was shooting that bow saturday, the hoyt rep was there, and it was @ 29.5 DL. Truth be told, I think I need to put a few twists in my cable and extend my DL 1/4". 29.5 on my axius ultra seems just a smidge long. 29 seems slightly short..

And I have the cash...stop talking me into it lol. I want a swaro 95...

Rob5589

WKR
1 PSE Carbon Air
1 Hoyt Rx4 Ultra on its way
1 Tradtech Titan 3 recurve with Drayd Limbs
1 Holmemade Longbow
1 Atmos 3 Piece take down Longbow.
1 Ravin R26
1 Cold Steal Cheapshot xbow
1 EK Archery Rx9 Cobra adder repeater crossbow
1 chief AJ Slingbow =)
almost forgot
1 PSE Pistol Crossbow

I dont have a problem I swear.
No judgements here brother!

Rob5589

WKR
I'm thinking the cost of the rest and sight. That's ~$400 more... The quiver for sure I could swap back and forth. Arrows too. If I did get another, I would get the 60-70 # that maxes out the cam at 29". My DL...

Although I was shooting that bow saturday, the hoyt rep was there, and it was @ 29.5 DL. Truth be told, I think I need to put a few twists in my cable and extend my DL 1/4". 29.5 on my axius ultra seems just a smidge long. 29 seems slightly short..

And I have the cash...stop talking me into it lol. I want a swaro 95...

My b/u is fully set up since it was my main bow for 5 years. So I left it as-is when I bought a new one. But, if I were to buy something purely as a back-up, I'd have no problem going with a WB rest, inexpensive sight, basic quiver, etc. As long as I could kill with it, I'd be good. But, since it sounds like you have the money... :cool:

Marble

WKR
Well we'll see...I've got a buddy that shoots for Hoyt and he might be off loading one of his bows...