More than 1 bow?

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I try not to have more than two at a time but I never have just one. I need a backup bow while I am away from home hunting for long periods of time. I typically set them up almost identically.

Reactions: ZDR
I have a dozen or so, but I really shoot 3 most of the year. 1 for ASA, 1 for hunting and league and 1 stickbow.

Brendan

WKR
I always want a backup bow setup, tuned, sighted in and ready to go when hunting seasons are open.

Doesn't have to be a new one, one I shoot a lot, but I want it to run the same arrows and I need to be competent with it at hunting ranges.

cured_ham

WKR
I am having a backup for this coming season. I drive 22 hours for elk and its not worth it to only have one. I also spent 2 weeks of the whitetail rut without a bow due to a cut string. Not doing that again.

Black 5 and a V3 for 2021. Both have same Hamskea, different SpotHogg sights, share a quiver and arrows. 80 and 75lbs respectively.

OP
ZDR

ZDR

WKR
I'm thinking the cost of the rest and sight. That's ~$400 more... The quiver for sure I could swap back and forth. Arrows too. If I did get another, I would get the 60-70 # that maxes out the cam at 29". My DL...

Although I was shooting that bow saturday, the hoyt rep was there, and it was @ 29.5 DL. Truth be told, I think I need to put a few twists in my cable and extend my DL 1/4". 29.5 on my axius ultra seems just a smidge long. 29 seems slightly short..

And I have the cash...stop talking me into it lol. I want a swaro 95...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Go with the Swaro's! I have a weakness for good optics...

OP
ZDR

ZDR

WKR
I always want a backup bow setup, tuned, sighted in and ready to go when hunting seasons are open.

Doesn't have to be a new one, one I shoot a lot, but I want it to run the same arrows and I need to be competent with it at hunting ranges.
running the same arrows is a major factor for me.

I'm considering getting another bow...but dang... after getting all the accessories it's a pretty penny. I'll probably search for a partially outfitted bow that's 1-2 years old and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Just adding to my earlier comment, I am pretty helpless as a bow mechanic. For those that don’t know, every decent archery shop is going to be full of bows a couple of months out from season opener until the early part of season. People who don’t shoot a lot pull out old faithful and find it needs a tune or a part replaced or something. Parts are also going to be in short supply. My 2015 spider turbo was my first bow and the 2017 issue was a rEst strike problem that was killing my groups. The bow shop cracked my limb while repairing it and then I was waiting on limbs From Hoyt. They gave me limbs that weren’t for that bow model and When I got it back it still shot like shit so I fired bow shop #1 and took it to #2. They put a new rEst and limbs on the bow and had me in the woods in two weeks. Most of that time was waiting on the 2nd set of limbs from Hoyt. I missed the first three weeks of season and ended up deciding that I wanted a back up bow. After some thought, I decided to do an upgrade earlier than I might have otherwise done it and bought a new bow the next year from bow shop #2.

I now have two solid bows that will shoot well for me for years. It was an expensive lesson but I am glad to have learned it before it screwed up a high dollar out-of-state hunt. I now bring both bows if I am hunting outside my local area and am glad to have the redundancy. If I were starting from scratch, I don’t think I would buy a fully kitted out flagship bow. I’d look for a used bow 4-6 years old that was either set up or that I could put mid grade components on. It’s a nice piece of insurance to have and one I plan to keep in place.

Last edited:

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 that I shoot almost daily. Bowtech SR6 and now a Bowtech Solution. Just sold my Bowtech Revolt X. I feel the need to always have a back up bow. Too many far away hunting trips to worry about having something go wrong and not having a back up.

SouthPaw

WKR
Elite E32 and E35 setup almost identical, tuned for the same arrow. Always have a backup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PSE evolve which I shoot regularly and a Bwana recurve that I am trying to get good with. I love my bows.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman