Morning or Evening

• Morning

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Evening

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

JPD350

WKR
Afternoon/Evenings mostly, but it has happened in the AM and mid day as well. "IF" I had my preference it would be to kill in the afternoon so I can butcher at night while it is cooler, it's hot here in NM!

Splitting hairs for me. The last four years I have had more luck in the evenings but prior to that mornings out weighed the evenings. So it is a toss up.

tstowater

WKR
The last 2 bulls that I shot (with a rifle) have been midday (11 to 2). I have seen elk all day. Frankly, I think it makes a difference of when and where and how much pressure. These elk were shot in Oct. and Nov. and were not being pressured as far as I could see. The elk didn't hole up because of the hunter/human or other predator impact.

B

bearguide

most in the evening. but the big ones in the morning 10 : 00

3 in the afternoon, one of those was a bow kill. 8 before noon all with a rifle.
How many have I messed up and not even got a shot off in the morning/evening? Just over a bazillion, that's a number right:rolleyes:

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Slight Edge to mornings... about 60%. I initially thought evenings, but after recounting about 20 bulls, the morning actually produced more meat in the freezer.

2rocky

WKR
Morning by a long shot. The one evening bull I dogged all morning then backed off and got back on him that evening.

Of all the hunts I've been involved in with my family, I can only think of one other evening killed bull with them, and we saw one get rolled just before dark so 2 bulls out of maybe a dozen

bobhunts

WKR
75% in the morning 25% in the evening. Most prefer to do it in the morning as myself but sure helps to cool your meat quicker if you do it in the evening. Bag it hang it and pack it.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord