Morning or Evening

• Morning

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Evening

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

Swede

WKR
I do not mean to hijack this thread, but I think it would also be interesting to see what hunting method you used to make those kills. For me it is mostly tree stand hunting.

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
All of my action has been in the afternoon/evenings. That's probably because we don't get our asses up early enough. :(

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
95% of harvests for rifle in the morning and 50/50 on archery harvests.......late afternoon during archery i have had excellent luck as bulls get out of their bed and are fired up for the evening festivities..they have often just come in on a string:)

By cutting a fresh track and following it my rifle success has been late morning or early afternoon. Without a doubt my archery success has been in the evenings. Just before dark when the herd gets up to move the bulls get excited and give away their position. I try to cover ground and get close for some challenge calling before the daylight fades.

TJ

WKR
All of the elk I have harvested (only three) have been from a tree stand. Of those, two were about 10 minutes before dark thirty
and one (a spike) was about nine A.M.

Sure is fun to debone an elk with a head lamp!!!

dcestnik

Lil-Rokslider
Morning two years running. Most likely due to subconsciously wanting to have them tracked and packed during daylight.