Morning Shoot @ the Dinger Farm

It is suppose to be a warm day here on the Palouse today and I had a real need to do some shooting!

As a lot of you already know Lehigh developed a new sabotless bullet for 45 cal. rifles, a .458x260 CF-HP.

45-260-Sabotless.jpg

For my rifles, I do re-size the drive bands on the bullet from .458 to .454 for the ease of loading.

Bench-Resize.jpg

Since the morning really wasn't all that warm yet, I headed out to the dinger farm hoping the farmer was done planting Garbanzo beans in the shooting range.

The goal this morning was to tighten down my 100 yard zero.... which really isn't zero. At 100 yards I want to be at 2.7 inches high. This allows me to shoot to 180 yards knowing that I will be about 3 inches low.

The PLAN is to use this rifle during the Idaho general rifle season. Shooting worked out really well! I am highly confident in the load, the bullet, and the rifle. Now if it were just a dang season open!!!

5-9-Dinger-Shoot.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like great shooting Mike. Mine you sent me are sitting on my bench waiting for me. I’m waiting for Utah to post results so I know what I’m doing for muzz this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sabotloader
Not a problem Robby - I want you to consider them for some recreational shooting and judge the results...

mike