Mosquito proof hoodie??

walleyes

FNG
Looking for a warm weather mosquito proof long sleeve hoodie. We have had a wet summer and the mosquitoes are thick and I hate wearing spray when I go on training hikes.

Also scouting for elk would be nice but it will be hot and bug invested…. And I lost a pint of blood last time. Haha. Thanks for the input.

Sitka has the equinox guard, designed to prevent misquito and ticks. Pants, hoody, and gloves.

I know cabelas makes a similarly impregnated clothing line with insect repellent

OP
walleyes

walleyes

FNG
How does the stuff with insect shield actually work???
I was thinking something in a solid Color that they couldn’t actually bite through. The Sitka and furloh are camo only.

I have a lightweight hoody I like for hot weather but it has air mesh which just says bite me to mosquitoes

Buy yourself some permethrin and treat your clothes. The stuff works amazing for ticks and mosquitoes. Best wishes!

Yoder

WKR
Permethrin and DEET are basically like hot sauce for mosquitoes. They still bite the hell out of you but you just taste a little spicy.

Permethrin and DEET are basically like hot sauce for mosquitoes. They still bite the hell out of you but you just taste a little spicy.
Permethrin is actually a poison and they move away from it.

All the “bug off” clothing is just commercially treated with permethrin

Looking for a warm weather mosquito proof long sleeve hoodie. We have had a wet summer and the mosquitoes are thick and I hate wearing spray when I go on training hikes.

Also scouting for elk would be nice but it will be hot and bug invested…. And I lost a pint of blood last time. Haha. Thanks for the input.

I use sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent Lotion and spray. It doesn’t have the nasty feel of deet, smells good too.​

montei

FNG
Simms makes one. Never used it so not sure how well it work or how long it lasts.

OP
walleyes

walleyes

FNG
Those are some good suggestions. Now to find something I can get in Canada…. Simms wants $45 shipping 🙄

EdP

WKR
Do you have experience with this brand? Looks interesting, and I like that it’s made in USA, but everything is sold out right now.

I don't have any experience with Forloh but have read posts from others on this site.