Mosquito thermacell

Oregon

WKR
I drove an hour and 20 minutes once to turkey hunt in the Low country of SC. Parked truck, mosquitoes started attacking. Fired up Thermacell. Realized I was out of butane. Got back in truck, drove home. In SC they are real and thick.
Thermacells work when stationary.

Why do they always go for the ankles, it is the worst spot. I am willing to do anything that works to stop them from biting me. I had to put nets on all of my windows in the house to stop them from getting in, but they always find a way. I read online about various organic mosquito repellents and I found a nice article on Bugs Zapper on those. There were a lot of them and I have chosen Mosquito Magician concentrate that I sprayed everywhere around my house. It is organic concentrate and it is not bad for us. This really worked and there are much less mosquitoes around my house.

Last edited:

JATails

FNG
Like the majority have said, thermacells are great if its not windy. I find they do not get rid of the nats though. I also like to use permethrin (Sawyer Product) for treating the clothes I'll be wearing outdoors. Also use permethrin for my yard (South Louisiana).

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Thermacell is awesome, wouldnt be able to do our boar hunts in georgia without them. Dont even need the bug spray stuff when using a thermacell. Just fire it up and hunt

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Come up to the sandhills and go toe to toe with our yellow flies, youll forget all about skeeters. Jokes aside thermacell has worked well for me and pemethrin is good but long sleeves and long pants with boots is a must whenever i go into the woods.