Most accurate budget rifle

I guess I don’t really consider the tikka as much of a budget gun as they used to be. I’ve seen those Ruger Americans brand new for 350.00, that’s a budget. Tikkas are over 800 dollars now. When I got my first tikka, it was a stainless t3 lite and it was like 369.00 at sportsman’s warehouse. A few years later they were in the 550.00 range then 3-4 years ago they went up to 800.00. Now that make those dolled up models which are like 1200.00
Roger that... i haven't really priced anything lately, i bought my tikkas for 550-600 when i had them, and i remember seeing some sako A7 roughtec pros for cheap not that long ago, don't know if any are floating around.

i don't really consider a Tikka a budget rifle either.... i don't have any now, but have had several, and all have been excellent... i'm sure i'll own another, haha. a super lite in 25-06 would be fun... if such rifle exists

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Roger that... i haven't really priced anything lately, i bought my tikkas for 550-600 when i had them, and i remember seeing some sako A7 roughtec pros for cheap not that long ago, don't know if any are floating around.

i don't really consider a Tikka a budget rifle either.... i don't have any now, but have had several, and all have been excellent... i'm sure i'll own another, haha. a super lite in 25-06 would be fun... if such rifle exists

I have a few tikkas and they are good guns, not my favorites but it’s hard to argue with the capabilities of those rifles. I’m partial to my kimbers which I have had nothing but good luck with. I’m not a tikka fan boy but it’s tough to argue with what they can do.

Ripnbst

FNG
You should be able to find a Bergara Wilderness Ridge that meets all your requirements right around your target price point and comes cerakoted to boot! If you want to save some money get a standard B14 Ridge but just know that the factory bluing requires quite a bit of maintenance in the field to keep clean. Nothing insane, but the cerakote finish, factory muzzle brake, improved trigger, and nicer stock is well worth the additional cost to me.

tikka t3x stainless lightweight around 800 or CA Mesa for 1200 would be my 2 choices for the money on a inexpensive hunting rifle

stvnshnn

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Savage Axis Youth model for my son/wife in .243 for $200 at a pawn shop. It does not care what I feed it, it is frustratingly accurate. I have much nicer rifles that also shoot well. But for a “accuracy at the lowest price” gun, that’s my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zappaman

WKR
And... the Axis rifles were running $235 (for the basic model) over last TG (Black Friday) in Houston at Cabelas/B.Pro.

I bought the Axis II XP in a stainless 22" 6.5 Creedmoor" that same BF morning from an online place for about $465 (total after taxes/shipping) and got a $75 rebate. So not bad for $420 (after FFL) and I like the newer stock design- stiffer out front. I always try to buy the stainless models.

I admit though that I pull the "Banner" (Bushnell) or "Kaspa" (Weaver) scope they have come with the last seven years, and I replace them with something better. The 6.5 CM is shooting 1" at 200 this week just as I have come to expect with ALL these Axis guns I've bought and gifted, traded, or kept over the years.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I bought a Ruger American Predator for the same reasons you are mentioning… and man have I been impressed for the price! The trigger is the weak point IMO. For me it’s fine, but I’m not a trigger snob. I think it could be smoother, BUT it is adjustable so you can at least get it somewhat close. I reloaded some 223 ammo and I was shooting tighter groups than some of my friends’ more expensive rifles. I would definitely recommend and it definitely outperforms the price tag. Now I don’t feel guilty about throwing an expensive gun in the back of my truck while cruising through the fields
A $12 or so MCarbo trigger spring fixes a lot of the Ruger American trigger issues

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
I have a ruger American, Mossberg Patriot and Thompson center venture all bought used caused it was too good of a deal to pass up🤦🤣. I don't shoot long range but they are all acurate for me with factory ammo. If I had to rank
1. Venture, I like the low bolt throw.
2. Patriot
3. Ruger American.
They are all real close and keep an eye out can usually be found for under $500.

kickemall

WKR
I’m in the Tikka camp but for what you want I think a Ruger American predator is the way to go. I own one and shot three others and every one shoots really well. The stock and trigger are crap but both work. And as others have said its threaded. Your absolutely correct to put your money into the scope. .308 is relatively inexpensive and will kill virtually anything, shoot long range and educate you on things like wind drift. Save the cash for a custom down the road.