Most awesome gear gimmicks you've seen???

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you have IT band issues, than a Nalgene bottle is a must!

I roll my leg on my Nalgene to break up the muscle knots and I doing this with a Gatorade bottle would be problematic:)

dotman

WKR
Are you doing this by submerging the water bottle into a pot of boiling water?

C

Nope hang the bottle about 2 feet above a fire with paracord and it will slowly heat the bottle enough to boil water inside of it but not melt plastic.

Here is a video I found but I think he is lucky he didn't melt it getting it that close http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI-ItTGKHuE

Truthfully though probably never use this tip with the squeeze filter and being in the lower48. I see this being utilized more in the jungle.

Last edited:

BuckSnort

WKR
Nope hang the bottle about 2 feet above a fire with paracord and it will slowly heat the bottle enough to boil water inside of it but not melt plastic.

Here is a video I found but I think he is lucky he didn't melt it getting it that close http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI-ItTGKHuE

Truthfully though probably never use this tip with the squeeze filter and being in the lower48. I see this being utilized more in the jungle.

I lost a bet similar to this... A friend bet me that he could boil water in just a ziplock bag on hot coals, sure enough it worked...

C-bolt

FNG
For what its worth, you can boil water in a paper cup too on the fire, just the paper above the water burns away.

zrmorgan

FNG
deer view mirror lmao

I am totally mounting a deer view mirror to my pith helmet with the built in fans...maybe I can attach one of those beer holders with straws and put two nalgene bottles in it

bowuntr

WKR
Sol Flap.... Kinda silly lookin... but they are perfect to keep the sun off your ears and neck when glassing for hours/days... they weigh practically nothin, inexpensive and come in camo. I actually saw them on an infomercial (solflaps.com) after a late night out... I like them and always have one in my pack. Ed F

Attachments

• sol flap.jpg
    sol flap.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 21

rodney482

WKR
The Butt-out, the Gerber Blade trader, the new knife with led lights that shine on the blade, the special strap that you would use to pull your rifle or bow up into the tree stand (because apparently, a rope just won't do), blaze orange jump suits, pants, hats, gloves, etc. because a vest doesn't quite achieve that glowball look.

Butt out tool.... is awesome!!!!!