Most comfortable rubber boots

Looking for a rubber boot that isn't clunky, heavy, and good on your feet if you're hiking steep terrain. I have a pair of crispis but id like a pair of rubber boots for when its really wet out or crossing streams. Last pair of Mucks I had KILLED my feet so looking for a better option. Thanks
late to the party, but xtratuffs are what you are looking for. the cheap servus felt soles they make for them give them a custom feeling fit, and i have walked a lot of miles in them over the years, work and play... they are the only rubber boot i would use hunting unless really cold temps were common and i was stationary.

besides not being very clunky for a rubber boot, the traction is better than any boot i have worn, especially on slick rocks/buckskin logs, etc. i would love having that sole on a zamberlan boot.

they are popular on the west coast, but don't see much about them in other regions.

still my hunting boot of choice when the weather is really bad, or crossing creeks/swamps, muddy bottoms

srr5008

FNG
I've burned through two pairs of LaCrosse Alphaburley Pros in 18 months. Heels wore out in both pairs boots in less than 2 dozen outings. Same problem I had with muck boots. Still searching for a boot that can hold up to some walking.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
I find myself putting on my Alpha Burleys more than any other boots I have. They are darn comfortable for my walks through the woods. I even find myself wearing them ice fishing fairly often, even though they aren't insulated.

I've burned through two pairs of LaCrosse Alphaburley Pros in 18 months. Heels wore out in both pairs boots in less than 2 dozen outings. Same problem I had with muck boots. Still searching for a boot that can hold up to some walking.
Do you have pictures of these boots? Mine are going in 3 years old and doing just fine. Some people gait are different causing boots to wear faster.

srr5008

FNG
Do you have pictures of these boots? Mine are going in 3 years old and doing just fine. Some people gait are different causing boots to wear faster.
I literally just threw my second pair in the trash last weekend. The outsides looked fine. It's the neoprene lining that pops/tears out on the inside of the heels (also a known/common problem with muck boots). I wouldn't be very upset if it wasn't for the fact that I bet each pair had less than 50 miles on them before failing. The first pair didn't leak, at least. The second pair started leaking (one in the toe, the other in the heel) on my last outing.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I literally just threw my second pair in the trash last weekend. The outsides looked fine. It's the neoprene lining that pops/tears out on the inside of the heels (also a known/common problem with muck boots). I wouldn't be very upset if it wasn't for the fact that I bet each pair had less than 50 miles on them before failing. The first pair didn't leak, at least. The second pair started leaking (one in the toe, the other in the heel) on my last outing.

My insulated xtra tuffs are going on like 5 years.

JRS3

FNG
I’m leaning towards LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro or the Aerohead Sport Snake Boot both non-insulated. Is one more comfortable on your feet than the other? Is one better about not having boot slap?

I would consider Irish Setter Mudtrek Snake boots too but they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

I plan to wear them in warm weather then cooler weather with better socks but need a good rubber boot for whitetail hunting the wet southeast in SC, GA, and FL. There’s not too many places to try them on so looking for experiences from folks using them. I want best comfort and not have to deal with boot slap and breaking snap parts like I have on Rocky’s in the past. I have Irish Setter Vapor snake boots now that are super comfortable but need a good rubber pull on.

Do most people put an insole in xtratuf? I tried on a pair today. I have lean feet and they felt pretty sloppy.

I could probably do chores in them but I don't think I could walk in woods with them.

Mrdeuce

FNG
Do most people put an insole in xtratuf? I tried on a pair today. I have lean feet and they felt pretty sloppy.

I could probably do chores in them but I don't think I could walk in woods with them.
I throw orthotic style inserts in my xtratuff. I get pain on the top of my foot when I don't since my foot will slide around

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Most places that sell xtra tuffs sell a felt or wool footbed. It helps and it really adds some extra warmth to them.