Most compromising position you have been in and harvested an elk?

bluumoon

WKR
Have always heard of guys missing "the big one" when indisposed. Anyone ever make the shot while on the pot? Too much idle space in my head while hiking yesterday....

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
Not while hunting but when im out on the boat bass fishing it seems I always have to set the hook when taking a leak. Then you gotta reel in the fish. During that time the family of 4 comes by on their pontoon boat and looks at you like you're the devil in the flesh.

Brianb3

WKR
Last week in a rainstorm. Put on all my rain gear. Tucked under a tree watching it come down in sheets while it looked like the trees were going to break from the wind. Fell asleep in a man made bed expecting it to quit in the next 30-1 hr from the forecast. Only to be woken up by a couple jack asses belting hoochie mamas behind me. Pissed off I turned around saw no one.

Buuut in front of me out stepped from the canopy a herd. Bull slowly moved in behind a couple cows at 55. From my bed I rolled over. Lol
9d43e83491d6dcddfc288e507d66d8ce.jpg

f158964134507896effa5689add02a04.jpg

Now the color blind hunter following a blood trail in green freshly rained on underbrush is a story for another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
so far i have not been in a compromised position when killed and hope to keep it that way. as for the elk, my favorite was a bucking cow i took at 100 yards. just had to get her to stand still for a second or two.

Wrench

WKR
For 3 years running ive had elk within 60 yards as I'm wiping my ass.

It's how I'm going to call next year.

My pard killed a bull 7 days after hip surgery. I've killed one in a sling after a shoulder surgery.

OP
B

bluumoon

WKR
I had good luck as a young hunter taking naps and having animals show up, probably bc I finally quit moving. You guys are tougher than me, that or the anesthesia hadn't worn off yet.

FLAK

WKR
Not an Elk but did get busted once "re-organizing" after relieving myself by a fairly large public land Whitetail.
Had been still hunting in a cold, light rain for 3-4 hrs. Amazing how they show up at exactly the wrong time. I distinctly remember this one because It was the only chance I had all season.

I killed one once with a full cast on my right arm/hand.
That was a Fester-Cluck.

Wrench

WKR
I killed this bull after eating lunch 30 yards from it. Notice the complete lack of blood? I shot him square in the azzhole. Didn't scratch anything on the outside.

He died in 30 yards.Screenshot_2017-10-16-20-34-06.png

October 2014 Antelope - not elk.

Recently recovering from prostate cancer HDBR and radiation. Saturday evening and Sunday had some severe urinary issues of waves of pain, urgency, may or may not have had a mishap or ten during the weekend. Was in too much pain Sunday evening to even drive camp home, but not enough (in my mind) to call in an ambulance or FFL. I felt a little better Monday at dawn and went out on a short last hunt

Killed antelope 10am Monday morning just as horrible pain came back to visit with it's now predicable consequences. Loaded her on the game cart and 600 yards out to the wheeler and then down to camp. Loaded camp and wheeler and dressed/skinned doe, got home by 1:00pm and put quartered antelope in game fridge by 1:30pm. Was in the ER by 3pm in the fetal position, unable to walk or straighten out, for complete urinary stricture blockage. After Nurse Helga Marquis de Sade forced a catheter through the juicy bits on her umpteenth attempt, 2,200+cc's of urine flowed.

After a 3 month comedy of medical errors and misdiagnoses, had to have a full urethroplasty 4 months later.....(unless you have a strong stomach, you may or may not want to google images of what a urethroplasty is....LOL)

Keep hunting. Hunt harder, nobody cares!

Squincher

WKR
I shot my largest whitetail buck to date with my pants around my ankles doing the squat and lean because he ran a doe by me while I was answering the call of nature.

San Diego Wildlife experience. On the tram going through the park. We come upon a herd of Elk with a massive Bull. My 8 yr old shouts "Dad look a big bull Elk..do you want to kill him" The whole tram looked at me........

I was still hunting/rattling my way through a patch of timber during a perfectly-timed cold front during the whitetail rut in Kansas. Snow on the ground made me ninja quiet (and the deer, which you'll soon learn about). I rattled in one buck that I didn't have an interest in shooting and just enjoyed the experience. Moved a little further down the ridge and set back up. Rattled, grunted, thrashed leaves, nothing. After about 20 minutes of no action I start getting cold and decide it's time to get stepping. Look left, look right, all clear. Stand up and turn around to mess with my pack and see the whites of a 10-pt buck's eyes as he turns inside out at about 5 yards. Upon further inspection, it appeared that he'd been standing there pissing on himself for a few minutes trying to figure out what was going on and I apparently had sat still enough that he never picked me up until I stood up.

My pops, a still-hunting expert in his own right, had told me about to be cautious about this exact situation...well I knew better than that, I thought.....

live4him

FNG
October 2014 Antelope - not elk.

Recently recovering from prostate cancer HDBR and radiation. Saturday evening and Sunday had some severe urinary issues of waves of pain, urgency, may or may not have had a mishap or ten during the weekend. Was in too much pain Sunday evening to even drive camp home, but not enough (in my mind) to call in an ambulance or FFL. I felt a little better Monday at dawn and went out on a short last hunt

Killed antelope 10am Monday morning just as horrible pain came back to visit with it's now predicable consequences. Loaded her on the game cart and 600 yards out to the wheeler and then down to camp. Loaded camp and wheeler and dressed/skinned doe, got home by 1:00pm and put quartered antelope in game fridge by 1:30pm. Was in the ER by 3pm in the fetal position, unable to walk or straighten out, for complete urinary stricture blockage. After Nurse Helga Marquis de Sade forced a catheter through the juicy bits on her umpteenth attempt, 2,200+cc's of urine flowed.

After a 3 month comedy of medical errors and misdiagnoses, had to have a full urethroplasty 4 months later.....(unless you have a strong stomach, you may or may not want to google images of what a urethroplasty is....LOL)

Keep hunting. Hunt harder, nobody cares!

Any you my good sir win.