Most durable leather boots? Schnees, Kenetrek, Hoffman or Crispi?

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Currently using Salomon, Rocky, Under Armour and Crispi depending on use case. All synthetic . I’m now looking at adding some leather boots. Need two pairs both insulated and non insulated. I’m hard on gear. All four makers fit me. I’m slightly narrow but generally fit well with all boots. I’m just wondering what is the most durable and most waterproof. My Crispi Idaho have been great. One hunting buddy wears Schnees Beartooth or Granites (depending on hunt). The other wears Kenetrek. They both have been impressed with durability and average 100+ days in the field a year including goat, sheep and mountain lion hunts. I have similar positive experiences with my Crispi but im harder on boots and want all leather. So welcome experiences and thoughts.

Thanks.

OP
S

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
And I don’t hunt as many days nor do I use them in the same ways as my buddies. I do elk hunting and deer. I haven’t done lion, sheep or goat. I may but that doesn’t factor in as I haven’t yet. FYI I’m leaning toward a Schnees Granite or Kenetrek Mountain Extreme but want to hear of others experience.

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
I have two pairs of the west rivers, looking at trying either the guides or wild rocks

Kenetrek ME is a solid mountain boot. My heels don't love the boot. After 3 years I made them work with inserts, lacing techniques, and different sock combinations. Hiking steep mountains I would usually get hot spots. On my last chukar hunt, after 7-8 miles, my heels really starting feeling it. I decided it was time to switch because I feel limited by my boots not my conditioning. Really should be the other way around.

I just switched to Crispi Guide (insulated). Still NIB so I can't really comment on them.

highstepper

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the Granites with 200g insulation. Decent number of miles in Alaska and Colorado on them. Solid, comfortable boot. They have been very durable. As in, knock the dirt off of them and they could pass for new. Fairly stiff boot. Fit the same as my Salomon 4D GTX (both 11.5/45 euro). Soles are much tougher and stiffer than the Salomons and show only minimal sign of wear. Be forewarned: the weight difference between the synthetics and the leather boots is not insignificant. As in, the Schee's feel like they're lead lined compared to the Salomons when you pick them up to compare. For me, once they're laced up and on your feet the weight doesn't seem much different.

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using crispi Nevada's for several years now with no issues. I also love my hanwag boots, I will be buying hanwag over crispi from now because the hanwag fit better.

coues32

WKR
I have been using crispi Nevada's for several years now with no issues. I also love my hanwag boots, I will be buying hanwag over crispi from now because the hanwag fit better.
All I run are crispis because of wider toe box and heel lock, have smaller ankle for toe width, haven't found another boot to fit like Crispis.
Do you have same issue? Curious on the Hanwags.. Thanks

Scrappy

WKR
Crispi Nevada's have been going strong for me for the past two seasons. Last year was horrible wet weather and the only time I got water in them was a river that was just to deep. This is my first pair of high end boots so can't compare to anything else but they are still in great shape.

I have the same feet type as the OP and this was the reason for going with the Nevada's.

Big Dunc

FNG
I am a Forester and Wildland Firefighter and use one pair of boots for work and hunting so they are abused in the field almost everyday all year. I use to get custom logger style boots built (habit from when I was logging) but decided to try the hiker style boots a few years ago. I couldn't find a pair of La Sportive or Scarpa that fit well (size 13 wide feet). I had a pair of Lowa boots last season and barely got through fire season with them. They were super comfortable but didn't hold up. At the end of fire season I got a pair of the Kenetrek Wildland boots. So far, super solid and comfortable. I've only been on two hunts with them and some prescribed burns but they hike in the woods everyday. I only expect 1 MAYBE 2 years out of a pair but these look new after 6 months. They are my favorite pair thus far.

Sounds like the Crispis might be worth a shot too!!

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
All I run are crispis because of wider toe box and heel lock, have smaller ankle for toe width, haven't found another boot to fit like Crispis.
Do you have same issue? Curious on the Hanwags.. Thanks
The hanwags fit my ankles better and the heel fit is better for me. The Crispis are a close second.

coues32

WKR
The hanwags fit my ankles better and the heel fit is better for me. The Crispis are a close second.
Thanks, might have to look at them, tried about every high end mountain boot except them. Crispi is only one that fits good, wish had a longer lasting sole.

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
I use hanwag Yukons and trapper top. The taller trapper tops are great for steep heavy back pack hunts. They are not cheap but will last a very long time

Jimss

WKR
I'd take a close look at Crispi Nevadas or Bristols. The Bristols are currently about $100 off...which is a bargain. I'd avoid Kenetreks! The Mtn Hunters I had felt like I was on stilts and super unsteady! I found really good deals on Crispi Dakotas and Wyos so those are what I'm currently using.

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
My brothers brand new kenetrack leaked. They gave him new ones but his feet were still wet for 8 days of sheep hunting